Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Raids Larry Vickers? Anyone know anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Remember when he claimed to have had a hand in inventing the SCD?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers...

https://soldiersystems.net/2015/07/1...-on-indiegogo/

Name:  20231103_230927.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  42.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Some things never change... This is from LAVs Facebook page

Attachment 111014

Attachment 111015

Attachment 111016
    What an insufferable, narcissistic cunt.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Some things never change... This is from LAVs Facebook page

Attachment 111014

Attachment 111015

Attachment 111016
    ". . . made money off my name . . . "

Are we expected to believe Wilson Combat used Vickers' name to sell product, but didn't give him money in return? They made a business deal, that they each thought would benefit them. As a result of Vickers confessed actions, Wilson made a business decision based on what he thinks is best for his company. Time will tell if that was a good choice, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    And that was where I was told that Todd Green ruined me as a shooter and it was a shame the SS didn't gas Todd's ancestor's before he could be born. I found this opinion curious since I managed to go back to max distance on the walkback and otherwise performed either at the top of the class or right near it on literally everything we shot.
    Did you immediately address the comment about gassing Jews and leave the class?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    I had a longer, better post and lost it.

1. THX to DMF 13 for his insight and service.

2. In many larger districts the w/l record of an AUSA is perceived to matter because many of those AUSAs are ultimately trying to run for something and/or go to private practice and make big money.

3. In many midsized (i.e. mine 60 ish AUSAs) and smaller, becoming an AUSA is the DESTINATION, not the journey and comes after spending 5-10 yrs prosecuting at the state level and/or the military and/or working in a client agency. Ergo, in my district, we seek justice, not simply victories.

4. When folks talk about their w/l record, it almost always means they have not tried very many cases, at least recently. Because if you have tried 15-30 cases, you have invariably won a close one you could have lost/hung and you have hung/lost one you may have one with a different jury, judge, witness etc. This is particularly true in the last 10 years re Ferguson etc.

5. In my district and in many districts where there are challenges with local prosecution of violent actors, some cases are simply better suited for federal prosecution than others or some counts are better than others i.e. cannot make the state agg assault on the drive by because witnesses wont testify but car gets stopped down the road and shooter is a felon with a gun, therefore we prosecute Felon in possession.

Sometimes traditional state drug murders are prosecuted under federal RICO/VICAR cyber stalking/kidnapping statutes where applicable and those are by no means cases where we are extremely confident in the win.

6. Vetting cases
    In my district, every case is presented in writing and approved by a 1st line supervisor and the Criminal Chief. They are typically reviewed By the US atty as well.
    There is a similar vetting process on the agent side as well.

Certain types of cases (tax/national security) and types of defendants (attys/press/public corruption targets) require Main Justice review as well.

7. Stacking of time
    The vast majority of cases with multiple counts of conviction have sentences which are run concurrently not consecutively unless specifically mandated by the statute ie aggravated ID theft, use of a gun in relation a drug trafficking crime/crime of violence. Multiple counts of convictions can be “grouped” under the US sentencing guidelines which can affect the overall offense level/suggested range of punishment.

8. Stacking of charges
    DMF’s example of what some folks refer to a stacking but is not, is spot on.

9. In all but the rarest of cases, there is a finite amount of time/talent/trasure that can be brought to bear on a given matter.

10. Re LAV’s comments re Wilson Combat cutting his loose after his knowing/voluntary/informed plea to multiple felonies in which he mishandled machine guns and did business with a Russian entity under sanctions:

A. Hubris-SAT/ACT Word
    B. Hutzpah-Old School Vernacular
    C. Balls-New School Vernacular
    D. All of the above
    E. Bless his heart
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 11-04-2023 at 12:33 PM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    TC, LL, Default: Thank you all. I didn't imagine for a minute it would be that bad.

Yeah

Change most or all of the characters to females, and this would be one hell of a Lifetime movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I consider members here who have a join date in 2011 as refugees from M4C. At least that's how I felt. It was a shame how many were treated there, especially Todd.
    I left M4C after “The Exodus” when several of the members decided to turn the site into a gun enthusiast’s version of Stormfront. This culminated in a thread entitled “Not All Nazis Were Bad.” Yeah, seriously. It was started by one of their most prolific senior members. This shit was allowed to stand for several days before it was eventually scrubbed along with my “Go screw yourselves” adios. Interestingly, it was another member, @Eurodriver, who I recall having the most effective and impassioned takedown of the site’s content shift - not a moderator or senior staff.

So, now we learn the LAV was comfortable making jokes about Jews being gassed in his classes…presumably in front of people he just met. Such comments are rarely one offs. Yet, only now is it brought to light after he is indicted. Sad commentary on many levels.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I left M4C after “The Exodus” when several of the members decided to turn the site into a gun enthusiast’s version of Stormfront. This culminated in a thread entitled “Not All Nazis Were Bad.” Yeah, seriously. It was started by one of their most prolific senior members. This shit was allowed to stand for several days before it was eventually scrubbed along with my “Go screw yourselves” adios. Interestingly, it was another member, @Eurodriver, who I recall having the most effective and impassioned takedown of the site’s content shift - not a moderator or senior staff.

So, now we learn the LAV was comfortable making jokes about Jews being gassed in his classes…presumably in front of people he just met. Such comments are rarely one offs. Yet, only now is it brought to light after he is indicted. Sad commentary on many levels.
    Wow. I forgot about that. The response, or lack of, was surprising. I felt like I was in an Opposite Day tv show. There were quite a few people who thought the modern US would be better off with 3rd Reich values.

These last few pages have been very enlightening…I know Grant, have been his store, and bought a lot of stuff from him in the past. I had no idea that him and Vickers, did their best to bash Todd the way they did, add on the charges they’re both facing, and frankly I’m glad I was just a customer.. Grant, if you’re reading this, no hard feelings, but you knew what you were doing, you’ve no one to blame but yourself…. Money is the root of all evil.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    These last few pages have been very enlightening…I know Grant, have been his store, and bought a lot of stuff from him in the past. I had no idea that him and Vickers, did their best to bash Todd the way they did, add on the charges they’re both facing, and frankly I’m glad I was just a customer.. Grant, if you’re reading this, no hard feelings, but you knew what you were doing, you’ve no one to blame but yourself…. Money is the root of all evil.
    The proper quote is "the LOVE of money is the root of all kinds of evil".

User Tag List