Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Raids Larry Vickers? Anyone know anything about this?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Question for the lawyers...

Going forward, now that LAV is going to be a convicted felon in the nearish future how detrimental is it it have received training certs / taken classes from him if involved in a self defense shooting?
    I have an abundance of training since I got smart enough to stop giving that jackass money.

If it comes up, I'll happily say that yes, the man has terrible character which I found out the hard way, which is why I stopped doing any form of business with him.
    3/15/2016

Everybody that tried to ruin Todd Green's career as an instructor and that tap-danced on his grave when he passed away has encountered serious calamity. Mostly as a direct result of their bad character.

You folks will have to forgive me if I have no tears to shed over this particular one's plight.

< ------ Me holding what I assume was a STMG Vickers legally owned.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Everybody that tried to ruin Todd Green's career as an instructor and that tap-danced on his grave when he passed away has encountered serious calamity. Mostly as a direct result of their bad character.

You folks will have to forgive me if I have no tears to shed over this particular one's plight.
    That’s interesting. Didn’t know that. Karma’s a bitch, apparently.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

< ------ Me holding what I assume was a STMG Vickers legally owned.
    On the plus side, we wouldn't have Pistol-Forum if Todd hadn't been deleted from M4carbine.net - my memory is fuzzy but didn't LAV initiate that? I haven't been to that site in years. So there's that (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Racoon View Post
    On the plus side, we wouldn't have Pistol-Forum if Todd hadn't been deleted from M4carbine.net - my memory is fuzzy but didn't LAV initiate that? I haven't been to that site in years. So there's that (I think).
    He played a role, but getting Todd off of M4C was primarily the work of Hotaling and Timberlake.

You know, the Paul Hotaling who used to run "Alias Training" who absconded with large amounts of money owed to other instructors like Craig, Pat MacNamara, etc.

And Timberlake, who claimed to not have an ownership role in M4C for years when his fucking account in vBulletin was member number 2 and member number 1 is the built-in admin account...and who was recently indicted for an ammo buying scheme using a police officer forging department letters. (Golly...I wonder where he got the idea?)

Vickers did pretty much anything he could to try and destroy Todd's career as an instructor because Todd was a better instructor than he was, and it showed. Anyone who actually applied Aim Fast, Hit Fast very quickly outstripped any progress they'd made by training with Vickers and it pissed him off.

The last time I was involved in anything with Vickers was what I call Class of The Long Knives, an "advanced" pistol class that was held at the facility formerly known as Blackwater. That was where I shot extremely well and got yelled at by Vickers because I cleaned a plate rack too fast.

Faster than his AI.

Faster than him.

And that was where I was told that Todd Green ruined me as a shooter and it was a shame the SS didn't gas Todd's ancestor's before he could be born. I found this opinion curious since I managed to go back to max distance on the walkback and otherwise performed either at the top of the class or right near it on literally everything we shot.

Shortly thereafter Hotaling and Timberlake started a campaign to get me removed as a mod on M4C predicated on the idea that I was "leaking information" from the M4C mod/staff forum, this alleged because some people from PA had lots to say about Vickers' opinion on Todd Green and various other instructors. So clearly it had to be me.

It couldn't have been that they were at the same class and all Vickers did was run his suck about Todd and every other instructor he considered competition the entire fucking time.

No, couldn't have been that.

I'll quote something I heard Ken Hackathorn say: Never get between Larry and a 20 dollar bill.

So they started a completely fabricated campaign against me and tried to get the other mods/staff on M4C on board. The only problem is that I actually knew most of the other mods/staff and I called them and surprise, surprise...after a brief conversation they realized it was all a bunch of shit and that Paul and Grant were lying. Again. They also found the copies I sent of Grant's ultimatum about disassociating with Todd should I wish to continue in that circle enlightening. So I peaced the fuck out of M4C willingly after establishing that none of what was alleged was true. The dudes Grant and Paul tried to recruit against me didn't buy it and I'm still in touch with all of them. (A couple of them were at Todd's memorial service.) Their failed attempt at character assasination concluded any involvement I had with M4C.

And I wasn't upset about it, because the place had turned so incredibly toxic with those two lying shitbags at the wheel that it was an utter waste of time and space. It had devolved to the point that it was primarily about making Grant money, making Paul money, and selling Larry's classes. I waited far too long to pull the eject handles on that one.

That rapidly resulted in a chain of events where PF was founded. Todd mentioned he was thinking about doing it in a phone call one night and then about 2 AM the next morning a string of emails comes in as he's asking me questions about getting PF up and running. Because, you know, I didn't have a job or anything to go to the next morning...

But PF wasn't founded in a fit of pique, it was founded to be what M4C was for like ten minutes before a group of dishonest cheats turned it into a money printing machine for their own purposes: A place where people who were actually serious about training could have intelligent discussions about equipment, ideas, and practices. A good number of the smartest people in the business have an account here and participate from time to time. And not just to sell classes. That's a testament to Todd's value as an instructor.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    Maybe it was the new Porsche?
    I remember seeing an Instagram post about that and thinking it was odd for a shooting instructor to have made that much money.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    And that was where I was told that Todd Green ruined me as a shooter and it was a shame the SS didn't gas Todd's ancestor's before he could be born.
    That, alone, gets me to the point of completely uncaring what happens to him. Fuck those guys.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    TLG- May his memory continue to be a blessing.

DB
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I remember seeing an Instagram post about that and thinking it was odd for a shooting instructor to have made that much money.

Okie John
    Not really.

Besides being sponsored by a Porsche dealership, there's a big difference in salary between some local podunk firearms instructor and a "celebrity" instructor that can pull in thousands of dollars on a single weekend for a class, not to mention what he's getting from his military retirement, his TV show, and other ads/sponsors.

The guy was not poor, to say the least.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List