Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Raids Larry Vickers? Anyone know anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Just saw that Vickers was indicted and has already pleaded guilty to some charges. Not sure if this was posted elsewhere.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/n...nsees-indicted
    Looks like he took creative measures to get firearms he wanted to collect. As we I am sure agree this is not something that should be a crime.

The statement of facts that Vickers acknowledged as part of the plea agreement has been posted. I’m not familiar with embedding Tweets so here’s a hyperlink to the first four pages. There are other Tweets with the rest of the pages. If someone could embed all of these, that would be helpful.

https://twitter.com/2Aupdates/status...52626307854370
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The statement of facts that Vickers acknowledged as part of the plea agreement has been posted. I’m not familiar with embedding Tweets so here’s a hyperlink to the first four pages. There are other Tweets with the rest of the pages. If someone could embed all of these, that would be helpful.

https://twitter.com/2Aupdates/status...52626307854370
    Under the tweet click on copy link and then paste it into this format and delete everything but the numbers, I left a space between the back slash and Tweet that should be there so it doesn’t imbed.
    [Tweet]1715452631139688806 [/ Tweet]

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1715452631139688806
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I downloaded the plea agreement from PACER but don’t know how to post the whole PDF.

He screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Damn.

Doing business with a Russian oligarch to circumvent an arms import ban is a good way to find trouble. Appears this is a lot more than just some guy using an FFL/SOT to get some MGs for personal fun.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by High Cross View Post
    Looks like he took creative measures to get firearms he wanted to collect. As we I am sure agree this is not something that should be a crime.
    Read the plea agreement.

The “creative” law letters for personal collections are one thing. Violating sanctions with a hostile power are a whole other ball game.

Hypothetically say you’re using the “creative” law letters to flip MG for profit instead of personal collecting. Use a creative law letter to acquire post sample MGs then have your SOT shut down and sell off its post sample MGs. Post sample MG sold by an SOT going out of business are exempt law letters. So your 1500 dollar Post Sample is now worth $15,000 (or more). Say you acquire dozens of PS MG at $10k or more profit each. Then you get a new SOT for your new company “rinse and repeat” a few times and you’re talking real money.

Or using “creative” law letters to acquire PS MG for use in monetized videos. Mail fraud ? Wire fraud ?

TLDR there is more going on here and apparently a lot of money involved. I’ve never seen IRS Criminal Investigations get involved in anything involving less than 7 figures.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Read the plea agreement.

The “creative” law letters for personal collections are one thing. Violating sanctions with a hostile power are a whole other ball game.

Hypothetically say you’re using the “creative” law letters to flip MG for profit instead of personal collecting. Use a creative law letter to acquire post sample MGs then have your SOT shut down and sell off its post sample MGs. Post sample MG sold by an SOT going out of business are exempt law letters. So your 1500 dollar Post Sample is now worth $15,000 (or more). Say you acquire dozens of PS MG at $10k or more profit each. Then you get a new SOT for your new company “rinse and repeat” a few times and you’re talking real money.

Or using “creative” law letters to acquire PS MG for use in monetized videos. Mail fraud ? Wire fraud ?

TLDR there is more going on here and apparently a lot of money involved. I’ve never seen IRS Criminal Investigations get involved in anything involving less than 7 figures.
    When I first read it and was chatting with @WobblyPossum and @Le Francais, the initial information looked like an overzealous prosecution to make an example.

We give it a few hours, and with this development it's pretty clear that Vickers is one dirty motherfucker that has clearly lost his way in life.

He made a bed with the enemies of America for his own personal gain. Fuck him. He can lie in it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I thought the daisy chain of guys swapping “dealer samples” among themselves was harmless fun, but you ought not deal with the Reds.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

No politics outside the politics subforum - Moderator
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 10-22-2023 at 01:53 PM.

User Tag List