Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shatner is Headed to Space

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Shatner is Headed to Space

From CNET:

It's been decades since William Shatner first suited up to play the iconic role of Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise on Star Trek in the 1960s. The actor's about to get a lot closer to his fictional counterpart's accomplishments. Blue Origin announced Monday that Shatner is signed up to catch a rocket ride to suborbital space.

Rumors had been swirling that Shatner, who turned 90 this year, would be on the passenger roster for the second crewed flight by the space company run by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.

The rocket-powered New Shepard NS-18 mission is scheduled to take off from Blue Origin's West Texas launch facility on Oct. 12 at 6:30 a.m. PT. The company will livestream the launch.
    I think that's pretty cool - I'm sure a lot of folks at Blue Origin got into the business because of the show.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Hope he finds a green, dancing beauty waiting for him. Would be funny if a passing starship picks him up.

To... boldygo... where... noman... has... gonebefore.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    What are the effects of the g-forces of lift-off on a 90 year old man?

I hope he survives the trip long enough to enjoy it!

I pray that Blue Origin puts the one true Captain Kirk on a live mike at some point during this flight.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    What are the effects of the g-forces of lift-off on a 90 year old man?

I hope he survives the trip long enough to enjoy it!
    I hope he survives too, but if he doesn't, it's a hell of a way to go at 90.

I just hope those friggin' Romulans don't try to whack him again!
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Site Supporter
    I don't care what you say. There is something deeply satisfying about William Shatner riding a giant cock into space.

Last edited by Erik; 10-05-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    deeply satisfying...giant cock....
    Phrasing!

or in the case of Star Trek...

Phasering!
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I wish him a pleasant journey. His character and acting has fueled many a dream!

User Tag List