Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 23 Gen 3

Glock 23 Gen 3

Took out my 23 over this weekend ran a few mags of 180gr FMJ .. carried it today .. just a great pistol .. one of my favorite rounds chambered in one of my favorite platforms
    Name:  195E5ECD-01C7-4264-81CF-341079E87FE0.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  58.3 KB

I carried a 23 for a good while. A Gen2, then a Gen3.

They were good to me. I’ve been considering a Gen5 27 for some weird reason.

They are an excellent weapon, aren't they. Very capable in the city or in the field. Of course they have limitations (everything does) but their spectrum is very broad. Cover a lot of ground.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I carried a 23 for a good while. A Gen2, then a Gen3.

They were good to me. I’ve been considering a Gen5 27 for some weird reason.
    My main gun for over a decade was a Gen2 23. I have a Gen5 27 now, it’s really impressing me - to the point a Gen5 23 may happen.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I was just shooting my own gen 3 G23 this very day. Just some FAST and Bill Drills.

It's now the dedicated training gun. Been shooting .40 again lately, so as not to tap so much into the 9mm supply.

It also serves as the hiking pistol, as it retains a bit of a "power edge" over 9mm.

It was my first Glock, and one I carried and shot exclusively, for years. Was my primary sidrarm.

We've now gone to 9mm, for all the obvious reasons. But I've been shooting .40 more lately.

Good gun.

Site Supporter
    We still have about two hundred G3 G23s in service that were bought in mid-2005. My work doesn't shoot a great deal, but these have been remarkably trouble free except for a few academy guns breaking locking blocks at high round counts without RSA changes. They will be replaced by gen 5 G17s in FY23 and I have had numerous inquiries from staff requesting to purchase them when the changeover occurs.

I carried my Glock 23 2 gen from when I bought in 1991up until 2017. It is a 2 letter 3 number early version that has run perfectly since day one. I never considered anything else for years. Once I needed to supply my own ammo and wanted a smaller/lighter gun in retirement I switched to 9mm but still have the old 23 and shoot it a couple times a year.

It goes against my practicality but there’s something pretty American about a Glock .40 S&W and I’m tempted to pick one up.

I got a Glock 23 as soon as they came out, and carried one for many years. Over the years, my original one killed two rabid raccoons and a hog.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I carried a Gen 4 G23 as a duty gun for five years, three of which were when I served as a full time FI. My gun got shot almost on a daily basis, and I experienced broken slide stops and locking block pins, despite the gun being serviced/resprung regularly. It was accurate enough, but I was very happy to hand it in and be issued a new G47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List