Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Training Pistol

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @CHNEAL

I have experience with airsoft for training and in watching videos for cool fire I think it would suffer some of the same issues.

1. Recoil is so mild that it’s not helpful for recoil control practice.
    2. Recoil is proportional to the waning gas charge.
    3. Refilling gas wastes time that could be spent training.

With red dots on your guns I don’t think it’s worth the money.
    I would recommend the Glock Store reset trigger instead.

The exception being if you wanted to practice specific things like index shooting without using sights. But a Glock store trigger plus laser bullet would work as well and have more applicability to other things.

If you had zero ability to live fire then I guess maybe cool fire would have more use.
    Excellent feedback. Thank you.

Regarding keeping the carry gun at a low but verified round count, what round count should that be that you get to and then stop? (Other than occasional verification of function). One thousand rounds? Two thousand? At what point should you stop shooting the one you intend to carry and only use the trainer for shooting (besides the exception above)?

I've read DocGKR's standard of not trusting a gun until 1000 failure free shots have been fired through it, along with the late Todd Green's article where he states he sees a pistol as being "long term reliable" after 2k failure-free shots have been fired.

User Tag List