Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New APX carry “A1” optic ready

What do the optic plates weigh?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What do the optic plates weigh?
    I’ve contacted both Beretta USA about optic plate availability as well as CHPWS to gauge possible interest in producing them.

Saturday will be the first time I’ll be able to take my example to the range. I’m teaching a pistol class and any students that want to run ball or JHP though it will be able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New APX carry “A1” optic ready

Ran 100 rounds though my example today during lunch on the range.

Ammo was a mixed bag of moldy M882, Hydra Shok 124 grain JHP, Gold Dot G2 and Tula steel cased junk.

The gun ran just fine with this motley lot of ammo, and despite the long travel of the trigger, the little pistol turned in accuracy that I would deem acceptable for a pistol of its size, capacity and intended purpose (shots clustered nicely within the credit card A-Zone box of a Green Ops target at 7 yards).

Recoil impulse was brisk, but not problematic for me.

I like this little Beretta much more than any Glock 43 (its direct analogue) I’ve ever fired, and feel (so far) that it offers more to the end user than the 43, provided more holster choices and optic plates become available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody else using one of these? Looking at getting into one for a warmer weather EDC here... come on summer!

My example has approximately 400 rounds thru it at this point. My particular example seems to like the excellent 124 grain HST +P. Shooting impressions and reliability are on point so far. To my knowledge, Beretta still has not released optic plates for it, which is a bummer. For the price, I don't regret this purchase and have no problem carrying it at this point if traveling to magazine capacity restricted locales.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    My example has approximately 400 rounds thru it at this point. My particular example seems to like the excellent 124 grain HST +P. Shooting impressions and reliability are on point so far. To my knowledge, Beretta still has not released optic plates for it, which is a bummer. For the price, I don't regret this purchase and have no problem carrying it at this point if traveling to magazine capacity restricted locales.

Bought one for $347 shipped, did I do OK lol?

I really like the idea of the long trigger pull on this one at around 6 lbs, hoping my example is on point with that description. Have they released spare frames yet in different colors for purchase? I see only Gen 1's for sale on Beretta.com.

Can you add anything on how it compares with a Walther PPS-M2?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Bought one for $347 shipped, did I do OK lol?

I really like the idea of the long trigger pull on this one at around 6 lbs, hoping my example is on point with that description. Have they released spare frames yet in different colors for purchase? I see only Gen 1's for sale on Beretta.com.
    $347 shipped isn't terrible, depending on your FFL's transfer fees. I have no idea if spare frames have been released by BUSA for the new A1. I bought mine with the green frame and have zero interest in ever swapping it out for another color.

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    Can you add anything on how it compares with a Walther PPS-M2?
    It's been almost six years since I've last fired a PPS-M2, but here goes.

I like the overall handling and shooting characteristics better on the Beretta. My Walther PPS-M2 would release the mag during recoil, given my large hands and the contours of the frame. The Beretta does not do that. The Beretta's frame is grippier than the PPS, which needed (for me) a judicious application of skateboard tape. I also prefer the long, rolling break of the APX A1 Carry to the M2's trigger.

All subjective and personal preference, but there you have it.

Guys, look at the slide from behind and the sear interface. It looks like it is only engaged in the right upper quadrant about a MM or so, seems to work fine, but it would seem that you would want more of an engaged overlapping surface, and not just held on by a small corner. I don’t know if this is a one off issue or if that is factory spec. I know Beretta has been making guns for a bit, but it just looks odd.

User Tag List