Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New APX carry “A1” optic ready

New APX carry “A1” optic ready

Looks like Beretta just came out with an updated APX carry. New slide serrations, new texture, slight control differences, supposedly lighter improved trigger, optic ready.

Looks nice, can’t believe they update the fram to 10 rounds or so like a shield plus, maybe they can since it is modular?

Ernest any opinions or insight?

Dave

New serrations look much nicer than the old ones. Hope they eventually offer those serrations on the regular apx line

Some basic information and images here.

Rear sight goes away with the RDO mounted. They claim a better, shorter trigger. One wonders if the Nano genetics are mostly gone now?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    It LOOKS like a logical, practical step in the development of Beretta's subcompact nine.

Not sure how much I would like a pocket gun with an optic on it, but never say never.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Personally I think it looks like they bought a brownells aftermarket Glock slide and threw it on there.

This is bittersweet for me, I've been interested in these since the OG release. Sad to see the trigger was changed, I really liked that part of it from the one I handled. Shorter and lighter don't appeal to me on a carry piece, sad to say but I'm sure there were mass complaints that the trigger was LONG AND HEAVY (sigh).

I also wonder if theres a way to get a RMRcc mounted to this, I don't see it listed on the copy I read and that's the one optic I'd want on this pistol. I don't particularly mind not having BUIS on this with RDO mounted if I could run the RMRcc as I feel it's durable enough to be pretty unlikely to fail for my uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zman001 View Post
    New serrations look much nicer than the old ones. Hope they eventually offer those serrations on the regular apx line
    I quote myself from he Beretta APX thread...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tta-APX/page41
    I get the feeling with all the negative feedback the slide treatment gets ...that Beretta is going to come out with a new model with a more conventional slide. I don't think the current slide profile is awful, but I'd rather have more conventional grasping serrations. Because that bug is in my head (put there by myself), I'm hesitant to get something that could possibly change to something I prefer more, before the change is made. Therefore, I wait for a model that may never come.

Site Supporter
    Good lord that thing is fugly

It seems Beretta either produces aesthetically pleasing designs ala the 92 series, PX4 or cougar
    Then comes out with absolute oddities like the APX, ARX100 rifles makes me think their designers are bi polar

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    This is bittersweet for me, I've been interested in these since the OG release. Sad to see the trigger was changed, I really liked that part of it from the one I handled. Shorter and lighter don't appeal to me on a carry piece, sad to say but I'm sure there were mass complaints that the trigger was LONG AND HEAVY (sigh).
    That makes at least two of us. When I fired a rental Nano for the first time, I was what you might call surprised. When the magazine was empty, I said to my pard, "This is the pocket nine I have been looking for!" Why? The trigger.

The trigger was going to be changed. Just like the Ruger Mark IV takedown was going to be changed. We have become a nation that either can't handle a long or stiff trigger/can't follow a printed manual/can't change the oil in their car, or are too entitled to be inconvenienced by the above. Rant off.

The Nano and APX Carry examples I have given my best technique all showed better accuracy than I would expect. In that respect, the things could benefit from a shorter pull.

But there are no free lunches.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by arcticlightfighter View Post
    Good lord that thing is fugly

It seems Beretta either produces aesthetically pleasing designs ala the 92 series, PX4 or cougar
    Then comes out with absolute oddities like the APX, ARX100 rifles makes me think their designers are bi polar
    Hahaha I agree

What’s with Walther and now Beretta coming out with guns that are more blocky then Glocks now?

If you cannot beat them join them I guess….

User Tag List