Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pellet Smokers

Being in SEFL, I don't worry too much about heat loss, but I also get to cook year 'round!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Perfect. Thats exactly the kind of speed Im looking for. Ive got a buddy who has a Camp Chef one of the earlier models it has temp control only. It sets outside next to his barn and he never takes the pellets out. He buys the cheapest pellets and is not very diligent about cleaning. He vacuums it once a month or so and scrapes it once in a while. Id say he uses it at least three times a week and probably often more than that. Hes never had a problem with it. Absolutely loves it.
    That's how I treat mine.

My original controller died after 2 years. I bought the Wifi replacement. No issues after another 2 years of use

I bought a Camp Chef 24" Wifi Woodwind with the sidekick this summer and I couldn't be happier. It's damn near sous vide easy. Fast startup, simple cleanup, and you have lots of options. Now, my Thermoworks Smoke is a dedicated meat thermometer for the ovens. Last week, I smoked ribs and wings simultaneously then deep fried the wings on the sidekick for a snack while we were drinking, I mean, monitoring the ribs. The only knocks I have are: 1) I wish the wheels were bigger (a stick or crack in the sidewalk will stop those roller blade-style wheels) and 2) the lid isn't really fitted tightly to the barrel. I added some felt tape to seal it better but I've heard their customer service is top notch so if it bothered me that much, they may have sent a new lid. I've heard stories of users being unsatisfied with something and end up with replacements and also vouchers to use at their online store. It's also my understanding you can order pretty much any part directly from them should you damage something or it go down outside the warranty period.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I bought a Camp Chef 24" Wifi Woodwind with the sidekick this summer and I couldn't be happier. It's damn near sous vide easy. Fast startup, simple cleanup, and you have lots of options. Now, my Thermoworks Smoke is a dedicated meat thermometer for the ovens. Last week, I smoked ribs and wings simultaneously then deep fried the wings on the sidekick for a snack while we were drinking, I mean, monitoring the ribs. The only knocks I have are: 1) I wish the wheels were bigger (a stick or crack in the sidewalk will stop those roller blade-style wheels) and 2) the lid isn't really fitted tightly to the barrel. I added some felt tape to seal it better but I've heard their customer service is top notch so if it bothered me that much, they may have sent a new lid. I've heard stories of users being unsatisfied with something and end up with replacements and also vouchers to use at their online store. It's also my understanding you can order pretty much any part directly from them should you damage something or it go down outside the warranty period.
    Thats a pretty cool set up Ill pass it along to my bud who just bought a 24” model. Does the flat plate come off and theres a burner under that you can set a pan on?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Thats a pretty cool set up Ill pass it along to my bud who just bought a 24” model. Does the flat plate come off and theres a burner under that you can set a pan on?
    You can buy either the sear box or the sidekick. The sear box can get hotter (900 deg.) than the the side kick with BBQ box (600/700?) but other than that, they're basically the same. However, the sidekick is a big gas burner with your choice of attachments that sit atop it so you can get a BBQ box for searing/blackstone-style flat top/pizza oven or you can use your own pots and pans. I'll probably try a shrimp boil next if I don't use it for another reverse sear soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    You can buy either the sear box or the sidekick. The sear box can get hotter (900 deg.) than the the side kick with BBQ box (600/700?) but other than that, they're basically the same. However, the sidekick is a big gas burner with your choice of attachments that sit atop it so you can get a BBQ box for searing/blackstone-style flat top/pizza oven or you can use your own pots and pans. I'll probably try a shrimp boil next if I don't use it for another reverse sear soon.
    I saw the package with the side sear and that didnt make sense to me because the grill has a searing station. Your solution seems much better.

Ill have to do some further research but this looks interesting

https://smokinbrothers.com/product/s...er-plus-grill/

Ill have to do some further research but this looks interesting

https://smokinbrothers.com/product/s...er-plus-grill/
    Wasn't familiar with them, but rated "gold" here (which IMO is a good sign)
    https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...-grill-review/
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Any intel on the Everdure 4K line? There's one local to me on FB Marketplace in P-F Orange.

David S.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Wasn't familiar with them, but rated "gold" here (which IMO is a good sign)
    https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...-grill-review/
    Their prices are good but thats a lot of trouble to sear.

User Tag List