Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Wife Wants to Buy a Revolver for My 60th Birthday. HELP!

Site Supporter
    The Ruger vcdgrips posted looks like a dream revolver for me.

Though with $1,000, and how well my Taurus has done, I might by two of them and really spiff them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    This is the one I want when I hit 60(53 now; of course, in 7 years I may want the new "Westinghouse M-25 40-watt Phased Plasma Pulse-Gun"): S&W Model 686-6 PC 7 Shot
    An employee at the LGS bought a 686 PC, and it’s been sitting in the shop’s safe. He wants $1,300! 😳😳😳

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    An employee at the LGS bought a 686 PC, and it’s been sitting in the shop’s safe. He wants $1,300! 😳😳😳
    The one I saw last year was $1,000.00. I should have bought it and just sold plasma to pay for it.
    --Jason--

I just called the 10 mile away gun shop, and they have a Kimber K6S DASA for $1,036. My birthday was last week, and my wife is driving me crazy, but I don’t like snap decisions. A quick search here revealed that @Totem Polar and @Zeke38 like their Kimbers…
    I’m rather fond of my 3” DAO K6s…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

and...Happy Birthday Frank, whatever day it is or was!

With a budget of $1000 and patience--as well as a nice reason for buying: "It's my 60th Birthday!"--you should be able to find what you want with "want to buy" ads on various forums. You might put up a WTB ad on the Smith & Wesson forum saying just that: looking for 60th Birthday Gift, and put out a list of revolvers you'd like to own. More than likely there is someone with what you want gathering dust in their safe, and who is willing to sell to someone who actually wants the gun as opposed to someone who will flip it for the next best thing in a few months.

I would not buy a current production revolver in the current market without being able to inspect it first and without a substantial discount; prices are inflated and quality control from most manufacturers is suspect.

Site Supporter
    @Stephanie B
    Buy 3 Tauruses (Taurii?). You’re too funny! I’m still cracking up with your M66 disassembly comment: “But the next time I accidentally pull the hand off the trigger, I'm going to cut to the chase and open up a vein. Getting the hand's spring back into position and tensioned was a four-starred pitch-kitty.”
    Did that yesterday... and the stupid thing is I know better!

My vote would be a older Model 66 or Model 10 2 inch. Happy 60th!

Name:  Model 66 New Grips.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  88.0 KBName:  Model 10-7 2in..jpg
Views: 188
Size:  35.3 KB
    My Model 10 is still in jail at the LGS. He's had a family emergency and hasn't been open for me to pick it up.
    Last edited by MDFA; 10-02-2021 at 05:40 AM.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    This is the one I want when I hit 60 (53 now).....S&W Model 686-6 PC 7 Shot
    A man after my own heart. Just turned 53 myself and I grew up lusting after Lew Horton runs of N-frame snubbies, bonus points for .41mag...guess I was hipster before it was cool. Ever since Mike Boyle's "Super Snub" article in the Snubby Chronicles, the 686PC+ has ranked highly on my do-want list.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 10-02-2021 at 06:27 AM.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77881[/ATTACH To many good suggestions in this thread
    Last edited by SD; 10-02-2021 at 07:34 AM.

double post, delete.
    Last edited by SD; 10-02-2021 at 07:33 AM.

User Tag List