Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Wife Wants to Buy a Revolver for My 60th Birthday. HELP!

My Wife Wants to Buy a Revolver for My 60th Birthday. HELP!

I have a 2.5” and 3” 686+, 2 M642’s, and a Model 36 Classic. Six rounds would be nice. Here are the contenders:
    Smith and Wesson 640 Pro Series (5 rounds)
    Colt King Cobra Carry (QA Questions) Available at LGS
    Kimber K6S
    $350 Taurus 856 at the LGS
    Any other suggestions?

You have J and L frame Smiths, you NEED a K frame.
    The 3" round butt K frame is a cult object, could be models 10, 13, 64, 65. Or remodeled police trade in.
    But there are many others, variants new and used from Plain Jane M&P Model 10 up through stainless Magnum Model 66. I particularly like my model 67.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

How about a five or six inch 686?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Give us something to work with: What’s your price range?

Calibers?

@Stephanie B Up to $1,000….ish.

ETA: I was really happy with my 1952 Colt DS, but people were always saying they went out of time without warning. I sold it to a P-F member.

Site Supporter
    https://ruger.com/products/gp100/specSheets/1789.html

Novak Fixed night sights/7 rounds

NOT CA OR MA compliant.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I just called the 10 mile away gun shop, and they have a Kimber K6S DASA for $1,036. My birthday was last week, and my wife is driving me crazy, but I don’t like snap decisions. A quick search here revealed that @Totem Polar and @Zeke38 like their Kimbers…

I had it figured out until you threw in the price cap. Your 60th should have been a good excuse to acquire a factory engraved (full coverage) Colt Python or S&W model 27 3 1/2" in blue. A few inlaid gold band accents on the barrel or here and there often really set off fine engraving also.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

What you've got all sound very *practical*. Is there something you'd like that's hard to "justify" other than just fun? Single action? Nice .22, like a Model 17 or K-22?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I just called the 10 mile away gun shop, and they have a Kimber K6S DASA for $1,036. My birthday was last week, and my wife is driving me crazy, but I don’t like snap decisions. A quick search here revealed that @Totem Polar and @Zeke38 like their Kimbers…
    Of the things on your lists, Kimber was going to be my suggestion. But I've seen them for $600 pre-covid, so I'd choke pretty hard on that price.

What do you want to do with this gun? Carry it concealed? Carry it outdoors like @Lost River? Try to wear it out of time by shooting it so much? Keep it in the safe and wipe it down with oil three times for every time it gets to the range?

If you just want a great six shooter for all-around, this has been called the "G19" (well, maybe G17 due to size) of revolvers right now:
    https://ruger.com/products/gp100Matc...eets/1754.html

I really like mine.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List