Thread: M&P optic mounting plates

M&P optic mounting plates

Just picked up an M&P optics ready compact on a whim today. Are the factory optic mounting plates good to go on these, or should I go with an aftermarket plate? Optic will most likely be a holosun 508T. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g4pi09 View Post
    Just picked up an M&P optics ready compact on a whim today. Are the factory optic mounting plates good to go on these, or should I go with an aftermarket plate? Optic will most likely be a holosun 508T. Thanks
    Are most of the plates (especially the “Type 1”) metal or plastic? If metal they’re good to go. If plastic they’ll probably be ok but for “defend your life” I’m not confident in probably.

They are the plastic plates. Are there metal plates available from S&W?

S&W does make metal plates. You could always call and see if they would sell/give you a metal plate. Otherwise order a C&H Precision plate. They are well designed but I've seen some QC issues so inspect on arrival and make sure it fits tight and doesn't have machine marks on the bottom that look like ribs going across the plate. You'd see daylight between the plate and slide and those are not ok. That said, I've heard they do a good job with customer service in those cases that occurred.

Thanks socaldep, I’ve had multiple issues with C&H precision with a V4 plate for my Glock 45 (plate didn’t fit the optic cut, absolute garbage screws). I’d like to steer clear of them if possible. I can’t find anything on S&W’s website about plates. I’ll give them a call in the morning. Is there anyone other than C&H making M&P plates? Thanks again!

I should add that C&H did fix the problem and I have not had any issues with the plate since it’s been mounted. But between my experience and others that I have heard of I just don’t have a ton of confidence with them right now.

User Tag List