Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attacked by Boars!

Snake boots are always a good idea! lololol
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Hey look, it’s Glenn Danzig ruining something else. Not that I care about Shakira’s music, but being suddenly interrupted by images of Danzig while looking at Shakira is some A Clockwork Orange level mind fuckery. Did not like.
    It's a parody. Someone cut it together and dubbed the ridiculous lyrics.

Chris

Defense against boars- a SMLE & red coat?

Wait, that's defense against Boers.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Hey look, it’s Glenn Danzig ruining something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    It's a parody. Someone cut it together and dubbed the ridiculous lyrics.

Chris
    Just because it’s a parody doesn’t mean he’s wrong…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Hogs will kill and eat ya, here in SE Texas:

https://abc13.com/christine-rollins-...-hogs/5716849/

The above incident happened in the adjacent county, to the east of Harris County. Most of Houston lies within Harris County.

A feral hog, being pursued by feral dogs, smashed through the garage wall, at my mother’s house, in eastern Harris County. When I drive to visit my mother, it is a good idea to load heavier-bullet cartridges in the GP100. Her house is adjacent to some riverine habitat, along the east bank of the San Jacinto River. That is similar habitat to that where Christine Rollins was killed and eaten, though Ms. Rollins’ incident was one river drainage to the east.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-01-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Hogs will kill and eat ya, here in SE Texas:

https://abc13.com/christine-rollins-...-hogs/5716849/
    The linked article says:

Deadly hog attacks are extremely rare. A quick online search shows only 4 reported in United States history before Rollins.
    This matches my experience here in Germany. I often hike and jog in a forest. There are wild boars in this forest. Never had a problem. Only had one close encounter on a windy day when it was very dark. They could not sense me until I was very close. I could not see them but suddenly heard an alarmed boar on my left that was only about 4 yards away. I could hear by the kind of its breathing that it was shocked, did not see it (it was breathing in very quickly, just like humans sometimes do in the moment they get shocked). Judged by the loudness of its breathing, it was big. I just walked on, nothing happened.

Don't get between mother and children. Otherwise, if you leave them alone, they leave you alone twice. They flee as soon as they sense you. At least in Germany. I don't know much about American boars.
    Last edited by P30; 10-02-2021 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    The linked article says:

This matches my experience here in Germany. I often hike and jog in a forest. There are wild boars in this forest. Never had a problem. Only had one close encounter on a windy day when it was very dark. They could not sense me until I was very close. I could not see them but suddenly heard an alarmed boar on my left that was only about 4 yards away. I could hear by the kind of its breathing that it was shocked, did not see it (it was breathing in very quickly, just like humans sometimes do in the moment they get shocked). Judged by the loudness of its breathing, it was big. I just walked on, nothing happened.

Don't get between mother and children. Otherwise, if you leave them alone, they leave you alone twice. They flee as soon as they sense you. At least in Germany. I don't know much about American boars.
    Yes, it is true that feral hogs usually run away from humans. Feral dogs are the greater danger, by a very large margin.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    That's how it is with most predators. Bears, mountain lions, etc. If it's up to them, you never see them. Until there's that one that acts differently.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Yes, but potato chips are a much bigger danger to most of us than boars. I think boars are no predators, they are more like prey. No easy prey at all, they can be very dangerous.

That being said, I put my mountain bike into my car and go to said forest right now. I like to ride there. See you.

User Tag List