Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson to Relocate Headquarters to Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Oh, NOW Massachusetts is too restrictive of a state for them to work in.
    There's nothing like a right hook to the wallet. Remember, it's the corporation that is currently called S&W. Messers Smith & Wesson have been gone for awhile.

Cat

They will be 15-20 minutes down the road from Bowen Classic Arms. Maybe he will stop by and remind how to make revolvers again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think they just made up my mind to buy a new Shield Plus over a G48 for a new carry gun.

Probably a wise move.

Cat

It's actually amazing that it took that long. Yes, it's expensive to relocate but what were they expecting? The trend was/is obvious .

Most corporate 'genius's', aren't.

Cat

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    It's actually amazing that it took that long. Yes, it's expensive to relocate but what were they expecting? The trend was/is obvious .
    No company is going to spend over $100 million to relocate and risk losing some top talent unless they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    No company is going to spend over $100 million to relocate and risk losing some top talent unless they have to.
    True. If S & W is doing this, the alternative of them staying must be pretty grim indeed.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 10-01-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Need to get a cross state rivalry with Beretta.

I'd pay green money to see a Beretta team vs S&W team in a match.

Once they got rid of the myopic misfit Brit, Debney, who did not like being treated poorly at Manhattan cocktail parties for running a gun company, and tried to morph them into a consumer products "sporting goods" company, strategic thinking about being a gun company became possible.

Time will tell if this is a good strategic move. I agree it is a big $nut to do this and they must see something on the horizon that promises a better ROIC for this, but from a PR standpoint it looks really good to their customer base. Moving to TX, any other southern state, or the mountain west would look just as good as TN in terms of the optics. Basically sending a F**K MA message will only be viewed as a positive from their core customers.

User Tag List