Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson to Relocate Headquarters to Tennessee

Smith & Wesson to Relocate Headquarters to Tennessee

Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select: SWBI), one of the nation's oldest firearms manufacturers, announced today that it is moving its headquarters and significant elements of its operations to Maryville, Tennessee in 2023. Smith & Wesson has been based in Springfield, Massachusetts since the company was incorporated in 1852.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...see-2021-09-30

Site Supporter
    Good news!

well this will be interesting

Pending legislation gave them no option:

Mark Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, said “This has been an extremely difficult and emotional decision for us, but after an exhaustive and thorough analysis, for the continued health and strength of our iconic company, we feel that we have been left with no other alternative.” He specifically cited legislation recently proposed in Massachusetts that, if enacted, would prohibit the company from manufacturing certain firearms in the state. “These bills would prevent Smith & Wesson from manufacturing firearms that are legal in almost every state in America and that are safely used by tens of millions of law-abiding citizens every day exercising their Constitutional 2nd Amendment rights, protecting themselves and their families, and enjoying the shooting sports.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2...nnessee-n50440

Oh, NOW Massachusetts is too restrictive of a state for them to work in.

To quote from a favorite song, and the inspiration for my handle, " . . . Tennessee, Tennessee, ain't no place I'd rather be."
    Ordinary guy

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Oh, NOW Massachusetts is too restrictive of a state for them to work in.
    It's probably more tax related than ideologically motivated. (At a cynical guess.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I’m sure the lock will be gone.

I can dream can’t I ?

Good for them. It'll be kinda cool having my preferred manufacturer's HQ located only about 2 hours away!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's probably more tax related than ideologically motivated. (At a cynical guess.)
    i think it is what they said it is. Some morons introduced a bill to outlaw manufacturing ARs, thinking that S&W would say "uh, OK" and stop making them. Those guns are 60% of the company's revenues, so no, they aren't going to stop making them.

A bunch of people in CT and MO will also lose their jobs, as S&W's going to move some operations there to the new HQ location.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List