Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neo- mag

Neo- mag

Has anyone tried these? Looks interesting.. www.theneomag.com.

Paging @Cdub_NW. I saw one in your pocket today at the range.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I could never get a fast reload out of it...
    The single magnet version is too weak to hold an extendo steady in my pocket. The 2-magnet version wasn't steady enough with an extendo when OWB.

I need to find a clip on magnet before nationals.

I sue the Neo Mag as an admin tool - hell, I might just give it away... First person to DM me about it, I'll send it (single magnet NeoMag) to you.

I 've used one for carry for more than a year now. The single magnet version is a little weak on retention when using G17 mags. No problems with a Slimline magazine. No experience with the double magnet version.

One can get faster with it but I've never been able to get as fast/consistent as with a belt mounted carrier.

I have tried both single and double magnet models. They're both in a box someplace.

Inconsistent in grabbing the reload for me. Because in order to get max concealment I had to shove the thing hard against the edge of a pocket. Similarly, the whole thing tended to walk around in my pocket.

The deep carry clip was too deep, the standard clip was too shallow, I found both clips too stiff and hard to clip onto my even thin fabrics. When, I "tuned" one clip by giving it a slight bend out all tension in the clip gave up the ghost. I ended up having to heat the clip with a torch to restore some tension. I found the addition of the little rubber pad which is supposed to help the tendency for the device to "walk", was not useful at all. And that same pad impeded the ability to get the thing clipped on or off.

I was disappointed overall. Particularly given the price of entry. I went back to a pouch-type carrier inside the pocket (one of my home made leather ones). Faster and more consistent than the NeoMag.

I did see on IG the other day that NeoMag got a new pocket clip bending machine. Maybe that will be more consistent in the future. Personally, I'd go in a different direction and rework the whole system to use a slotted DCC clip, so ride height could be user set.

Recently escaped the People's Republic of Portland
    I have been running both the original for a year or so and then the Type-G (double magnet) since it was released. I find it to be exponentially quicker and far more consistent than a deep pocket mag carrier BUT not as fast as an AIWB mag caddy. When possible I run a Tier1 AIWB rig with spare mag caddy attached but when that is not an option, the neomag type-g is my go-to. Obviously to each their own but for me, the mag is in a predictable position at all times and it works great!

I never tried one cause I was scared to put my watch next to it

I tried one and was meh about it functionally. However, the lip at the bottom of the clip managed to catch everything I was near. I scratched an oak chair and a glass storm door. Then after scratching one of my cars, I gave it to a coworker who managed to scratch his dining room table with it almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I never tried one cause I was scared to put my watch next to it
    Good point. That may be how my Lum-Tec got magnetized a few years ago.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

No one had issues with lint getting into the mag? With the mag hanging upside down in the pocket that's the first thing I thought about.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List