Thread: Crye Precision Patent for Grip Fed Rifle Cartridges

Crye Precision Patent for Grip Fed Rifle Cartridges

https://patentimages.storage.googlea...US11105574.pdf

Seems... interesting? Though the Six12 didn't exactly become a smashing success. Also:

Oh I want that bad! I just hope they actually produce it and release it commercially as well, or license the tech to manufacturers who will.

This excites me.

Certainly sets the imagination ablaze with the possibilities if this is practical. But how likely is it going to be a Magpul Masada/PDR/ FMG type thing were it is either never produced, or is made, but in such a way by another company that kills any sales?

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Certainly sets the imagination ablaze with the possibilities if this is practical. But how likely is it going to be a Magpul Masada/PDR/ FMG type thing were it is either never produced, or is made, but in such a way by another company that kills any sales?
    Probably close enough to a 100% chance this goes nowhere that saying so wouldn’t be considered anything but a rounding error.

Sounds like something Kel-Tec would produce, simultaneously blowing our minds with the ingenuity while also breaking our hearts with the shitty quality control.

I vaguely remember seeing a chapter in Janes Infantry Weapons of a European designed rifle from the 70’s, that used a magazine as it’s pistol grip. I think it was a prototype from FFV for Sweden.

Semi related, has any more news come out on the Glock 5.56 carbine that showed up in some patent applications?

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    I vaguely remember seeing a chapter in Janes Infantry Weapons of a European designed rifle from the 70’s, that used a magazine as it’s pistol grip. I think it was a prototype from FFV for Sweden.

Semi related, has any more news come out on the Glock 5.56 carbine that showed up in some patent applications?
    Can't recall what it was called, but one of the prototypes under consideration for the program that produced the AKS-74u was a setup like that. Its actually interesting how strange some of the Soviets small arms development programs got. And how much they mimicked thought processes in the West that produced programs like the various SALVO attempts.

User Tag List