I just had a similar conversation with a friend at the range recently. Here are my current thoughts, as someone who has gun ADD and switches every few years give or take and never passes up an opportunity to shoot something new.

With irons I pick them up as soon as they enter my eyeline and will correct for final alignment before final extension. I generally find something presenting high to be better as dropping the sight a bit from high to low is natural in the motion of locking my wrists as opposed to bringing the sights back up but neither is much of a detriment until I am pushing to the edge of my ability and index has a disproportionate importance for the given target. I find that when a gun presents low with irons that the front sight is still within the notch generally and is an easy visual misalignment to correct, same as being high. If i had to choose I'd carry a glock that points high while messing with other platforms regularly as I find the hight to low correction more natural to correct, as mentioned above, and also that shooting mistakes (often anticipation for me) tend to pull my shots low which works out fairly well when presenting high as opposed to a gun already presenting lower than intended and then shooting even lower due to the mistake.

For RDS guns, I feel the same way, but even more so. Because the dot doesn't appear as early in the presentation and there is no visual guidance to be able to correct until late in the extension, I much prefer the gun to present high since the dot will drop from the top of the window down and you simply can keep that motion until the dot enters the window and then final upon alignment. With a gun that presents lower than your current index, the dot may be below the window and the expectancy of the dot coming from the top of the window causes me to push forward expecting it to drop in and when it doesn't I get a sense of panic etc...despite the solution being the same as irons ala bring the muzzle back up, the lack of visual reference of the dot( vs the front sight) brings more doubt. Am I presenting low or is the dot broke? Am I off left of right? While my index is very rarely a lateral issue it is still something that goes through my mind and the solution is slightly muddied as compared to irons where you have a better visual driver. So again, if I were inclined to play with various platforms but wanted to carry a single gun it would be carry a glock that presents high in comparison to whatever I"m putting work into and the dot will still drop from the top of the window, only slightly later but will reliably come from that spot as opposed to being low below the window when in the reverse situation.

Recently I ran a set of dotted glocks for two range sessions (43x with swampfox one session and a 45/pmm comp/holosun on another) and while they both presented high I never lost the dot, it simply appeared very slightly later with a bit more forward engagement of my wrists and I shot as good or better on many of the drills I am tracking. I prefer that to the other end of the problem, as of now.