Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finnish Mosin M/39

I have an M28/30 Civil Guards rifle and an M39 which is fitted with a Russian PU scope. Firing handloads with the .309 diameter, 185 grain Lapua D46 bullet, assembled in Norma cases with 44 grains of RL15 accuracy is amazing, fully equal to my Winchester Model 70 Target .30-'06 or Type II accurized Garand back to 600 yards.

I can shoot 3,5" 5 shot groups at 150 meters with my M39. Those groups are from bench, not free hand. Pretty good because of my aging eyes. I wonder what that rifle is capable of. I use Sellier&Bellot 180 gr factory ammo. Most of my shooting is from unsupported prone and close range too.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I’ve drifted back to milsurps which is where I started almost 50 years ago now. The quality and inherent accuracy of many of these guns has stood the test of time. I have a number of them that will routinely keep up with modern tuned bolt guns...with factory shelf ammo to boot. All of this done in an era where slide rules and a fine, steady hand on the lathe ruled the day.

Bighoss...nice K11! The 1911 above can routinely ring steel at 600yds with the diopter sights, GP11 or hand loads, and my aging eyes. Not too bad for something that was built about the same time the Wright Brothers flew.

Attachment 77786

Attachment 77788
    What is that scope mount on your Enfield? I have a pristine No. 4 Mk2 from the Brit war reserves just sitting in my closet. A scope would be a great addition, and would inspire me to get it to the range more.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    What is that scope mount on your Enfield? I have a pristine No. 4 Mk2 from the Brit war reserves just sitting in my closet. A scope would be a great addition, and would inspire me to get it to the range more.
    It’s an S&K. There are several others from both Bad Ace Tactical as well as the UK, but inventory seems sporadic on all of them but the S&K. Out of PA, good folks to deal with. It’s not 100% accurate, but close enough for my purposes. I found a better pic of the mount for you.

Name:  3975EBA3-E3F1-461F-B18F-5FAF546397AC.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  67.4 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

East German and Chinese folding stock Ak rifles are indeed used in armored troops and tank crews. Those rifles are little ligther than Rk 62.

Range day again. This time shooting old Finnish civil guard drill from Ampumakirja (shooting book)book. Good drill even today.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

There was one M/27rv on sale while ago at reasonable price 800€. Because of Finnish gun laws I couldn't buy that soon enough. We have to get gun permit first and then we can buy gun. It can take couple of weeks to get that permit.

Btw new video again. This time modified Bill drill at 7 meters. Good test of gun handling in rapid fire.

More close range work. This time 3r3 drill.

User Tag List