Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finnish Mosin M/39

Finnish Mosin M/39

Here is little video of me shooting Finnish Mosin M39 at close range(25 meters).
    M39 is basically a modified russian 1891/30 rifle. Changes are new barrel, better sights, stock, magazine and trigger. My rifle works quite well with stripper clips making loading faster.
    M39 was widely used in Continuation war at 1941-1944.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Very nice! More stuff from Finland please!

As an unabashed fan of Finn Mosins, I heartily approve!

I had a 42 or 43 Sako for a while but like a lot of other milsurps it got away from me because I “needed” something else more. If I was restricted to collecting only one type of rifle, Finn Mosins would be at or near the top of the list.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Finn Mosins are fantastic, and one of the few Mosins I never snagged for myself. Great stuff!

Finland makes the finest factory built bolt action rifles out there (in my opinion).

Sako/Tikkas are outstanding.

Please post more rifle stuff from Finland!!

My M39 is b-barrel version. It was propably assembled in 70' s altough it has 1942 stamp in barrel. Quite good shooter, smooth action.
    I like to shoot old civil guard drills with it along with close range drills. Some of those drills are very challenging like shooting unsupported prone 5 shots at 100 meters to head figure target(20" wideX12"high). Time limit 30 sec. With open sights it is nice drill.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeL View Post
    My M39 is b-barrel version. It was propably assembled in 70' s altough it has 1942 stamp in barrel. Quite good shooter, smooth action.
    I like to shoot old civil guard drills with it along with close range drills. Some of those drills are very challenging like shooting unsupported prone 5 shots at 100 meters to head figure target(20" wideX12"high). Time limit 30 sec. With open sights it is nice drill.
    So why were you guys still putting together M39s in the 70s? We’re these rifle meant to arm the population in the event of occupation similar to the Yugo M48s?

I think Finland has not so many Rk 62's at that time. M39's were also used as training rifles and for artillery crews and so on. Actually Finland bought 200000 Ak's from Germany and China at 1990's. That was end of Finnish assault rifle manufacturing.

I think Finland has not so many Rk 62's at that time. M39's were also used as training rifles and for artillery crews and so on. Actually Finland bought 200000 Ak's from Germany and China at 1990's. That was end of Finnish assault rifle manufacturing.
    One of my early serious gun purchases was a Valmet M76. Since then I have been interested in Finish rifles and the pragmatic history of your service rifles (and military equipment for that matter). Later I would acquire one of the few FN DA Hi Powers to be imported into the US. I have found very little on how it was implemented in service (other than it was not well liked) in terms of holsters and other equipment issued with it.

Basically anything you can tell me about post WW2 Finish small arms is of interest.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Suddenly, I'm imagining AKs rebarreled and accurized by Tikka/Sako. Wonder what that would be like?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List