Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spegel alternative

Seems like Altamont is a bargain also. I like the ones with no texture or decoration.

I have several variations on all the J-Frames, as well as three on the K/Ls.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Altamont sells their seconds on Gunbroker for a very hefty discount.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Not sure if it’s a safari issue or what...
    Attachment 77699

It won’t let me drag and drop the pics I already have on PF.
    Dude, I had the exact same problem. I found a work around, but I can’t remember how I did it.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Those do look really nice. How big are your hands and where does your pinky rest?
    Size 10 Glove. My pinkie wraps under the bottom corner of the grip.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Not nearly as pretty, but the G-10 Bantams (Piranha) are same size replacements as the OEM rubber boot grips that come on the current 642's and similar models. The G-10 has a nice texture without being overly aggressive.

/P-F thread drift
    Another CPK fan? My Dad gave me a 6in Utility Fighter a couple years back (hell of a gift!) and that spent the better part of my 2019-2020 deployment either on my belt, inside my waistband, or on my IOTV. Made short work of a LOT of tough jobs and it still looks basically unused. Simply a fantastic blade.
    /end P-F thread drift

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I just talked to Craig a couple weeks back and he pushed back my next order date by an additional 18 months. I am glad I over-bought last time that I had a chance. I am a sucker for the high horn Centennial grips.

I’ll begin by saying that I have no experience with real Spegels, but for me, the most shootable j-frame grips I have had are the uncle mikes rubber versions.

I recently picked up a pair of Hogue bantam boots in cocobolo and found the flat bottom to be uncomfortable for my pinky to wrap under, and I also found speedloader clearance to be inadequate. On the plus side, the added girth puts my trigger finger in a better place.

Can someone post a rear view pic of the VZs?Name:  E1FF6268-9F8D-4594-8922-65859C35883B.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  26.3 KBName:  AA2FAD9C-CC33-444F-9C94-680202F8B060.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  37.5 KBName:  A28A5289-304C-4390-B99A-774807070A25.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  24.2 KBName:  A3569881-FA86-47EA-8202-2738EB12DC57.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  29.0 KB

Gripmaker you might want to look at is Herrett's and the grip is their Detective model.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Size 10 Glove. My pinkie wraps under the bottom corner of the grip.
    How's that feel with magnums?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    How's that feel with magnums?
    Better than the Ahrends did, as my finger doesn't land on the peak of the finger groove.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List