Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Particular Things for Young Women MUC'ing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Because, you know, acronyms TLAs are operator level cool.

Originally Posted by Dan Lehr: Because, you know, acronyms TLAs are operator level cool

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Well obviously I'm not operating operationally here, what are/is TLA or TLAs?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Originally Posted by Dan Lehr: Because, you know, acronyms TLAs are operator level cool

Well obviously I'm not operating operationally here, what are/is TLA or TLAs?
    I had to google it myself: Three Letter Acronym

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    What’s MUC?

What’s BTFU?
    BTFU

AS best I remember from MUC, ECQC.

Steps to try to get someone to back up, all done while hands are in "the fence" position.

1. Polite - hey buddy can you stop there.

2. Less polite shouting- BACK OFF !

3. Not polite shouting - BACK THE F*CK UP !

All of this is done while moving in an arc so you can see what was behind you while still watching the known threat.

4. they touch you - GO TIME YOU ARE BEING ASSAULTED FIGHT !

This is incomplete, watch Craig Douglas' ECQC videos, and take the class if feasible .

Maybe less MUC, and more Stuff That College Girls Do That I Remember*:

(a) Friends are good, but trust your instincts more. Particularly if the young woman in question is more switched-on than her peers. College girls do lots of dumb shit because their friends are doing it, everything from over-drinking to ignoring those two guys following and walking quietle

(b) On the subject of drinking, now is a good time to talk about moderation.

(c) Women in general have a tendency to...think of others without considering themselves? Example: The daughter of a guy I work with attends a party where a crazy guy stabs some doods. Said young lady then runs to the house of some other guys to warn them because the crazy guy said he was going there next.

*This wasn't that long ago, and I have ongoing experience with the material. No, not because I'm trying to pick up college girls. No, I chase female LEOs. I like to live dangerously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    (b) On the subject of drinking, now is a good time to talk about moderation.
    We've had several "teachable moments" and talks with Older Offspring about drinking, most of them along the lines of "It may not be a good idea to drink, and we can't stop you, but if you do..."
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    We've had several "teachable moments" and talks with Older Offspring about drinking, most of them along the lines of "It may not be a good idea to drink, and we can't stop you, but if you do..."
    I recall this conversation with my kids....

-- If you drink and drive, the consequences are on you. From the lawyer to the jail time to the insurance cost. And God forbid you hurt someone else. because none of us will have a place to live if you do. (said with conviction). * We had a neighbor whose kid ran into a tree, drunk, and killed his friend/passenger. Family had had to sell their business and their house to pay the settlement.

and

-- Since your Uber bill is on my credit card, you have exactly zero excuses for DUI. If you are drinking, I'm paying your ride. Zero will be said about it. (that sort of guilt is very effective with my kids).
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Don't drink and drive. Just don't. Don't get in to a car if the drive has been drinking at all. If we need to, we will come and get you and have the discussion later.

Always get your own drinks. Don't leave your drink unattended (thanks @Stephanie B ). Avoid "punchbowl" type drinks.

Drink a bottle of water between drinks.

Know what kind of drunk your friends are (sleepy, happy, mean). Be prepared to have to deal with the "mean drunk."

Be prepared to have to take care of "the drunk friend" (usually a "happy drunk"). Hold hear hair back if she pukes. Don't let her go home with some random dude.

Don't go anywhere with some random dude

(Cross-reference with boyfriend talk) If you guy friend holds your hair back while you puke, he's probably a keeper.

Don't mix your alcohols. Pick one and stick with it.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I would add that girls need to understand that normally, because of physiology, they will get intoxicated on less than males. So drink less than the guy you are with.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I found that an important part of Alcohol 101 was showing the youngsters what “a drink” looked like. 1.5 ounces of spirits in a glass looks like a mostly-empty glass. They had no idea. When amateur bartenders are making mixed drinks in Solo cups, “I’ve only had two drinks” can mean almost anything.

4 ounces of wine can also look like not much in some glasses.

Find reasons to stand up and move around instead of sitting and drinking. It’s a useful check of impairment level.

My quick check is to quickly turn my head sideways and see if there’s a lag in how long my vision takes to catch up.
    Last edited by peterb; 10-09-2021 at 07:20 AM.

User Tag List