Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FBI Issue S&W Model 10-8 2.5 inch

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Rationale for the 2.5" barrel was to enable fitting the full-length ejector rod.
    I don't believe that's correct. The ejector rod on my 2.5" M19 protrudes 0.82" from the crane. The ejector rod on my 3" M65 protrudes 1.33".

By providing lockup on the front of the cylinder with a ball detent on the crane for the new M66s, they seem to have a full-length ejector rod on the 2.75" guns. Mine is back at the mothership, or I'd measure it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I don't believe that's correct. The ejector rod on my 2.5" M19 protrudes 0.82" from the crane. The ejector rod on my 3" M65 protrudes 1.33".

By providing lockup on the front of the cylinder with a ball detent on the crane for the new M66s, they seem to have a full-length ejector rod on the 2.75" guns. Mine is back at the mothership, or I'd measure it.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    ^ that is sweet. What height matches with the fixed C&S rear ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Idk, I just thought there was one height.

125gr@1400 shoot really low. Everything else is workable. 158gr@1200 is dead center of the tritium dot. 170gr@1200 shoots to the tip

My primary defensive tactics instructor at Quantico in 1986 had a 2.5" Model 10-8 that had been converted to a red handle. Only one I ever saw.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

I dont have one in front of me to measure, but I believe the 2 1/2" model 10 and the 2 1/2" model 19 use different length extractor rods. The 19 has the lug set back a bit from the muzzle to keep the sweeping look transition from barrel to lug, the model 10 is pretty squared off, and right off, looks longer than the 2 1/2" 19 extractor rods.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Can’t see the left side.. does it have the stupid lock?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I dont have one in front of me to measure, but I believe the 2 1/2" model 10 and the 2 1/2" model 19 use different length extractor rods. The 19 has the lug set back a bit from the muzzle to keep the sweeping look transition from barrel to lug, the model 10 is pretty squared off, and right off, looks longer than the 2 1/2" 19 extractor rods.
    Looking at Numrich’s parts lists for Models 10s and 19s, you may be right.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    My primary defensive tactics instructor at Quantico in 1986 had a 2.5" Model 10-8 that had been converted to a red handle. Only one I ever saw.
    Is a "red handle" a sim gun? What's involved in the conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Is a "red handle" a sim gun? What's involved in the conversion?
    It is a deactivated revolver, action works, but won’t fire. I believe firing pins were removed, don’t recall any other mods. All trainees were issued one to practice DA trigger, drawing, reloading, etc. Live weapons were only issued when going to the range. All the trainee red handles were skinny barrel 4” Model 10s with square butt, the issue sidearms before the 3” M13 was adopted.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Can’t see the left side.. does it have the stupid lock?
    Sadly yes.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List