Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marking Metal Magazines

Site Supporter

Marking Metal Magazines

I want to number my metal magazines so I can keep track of them. I have both narrow- and broad-tipped white oil-base paint pens plus a label maker. I’ve seen Glock mags marked on the side with paint pens but I’m guessing that’s not an option on smooth metal mags. The mags are for PX4s, M&Ps, Walther P99Cs, and CZ-75s.

Where should I mark them? Paint or label? Thanks!

HORUSDY 36-Piece 6mm Number & Capital Letter Stamp Set (A-Z & 0-9) Punch Perfect for Imprinting Metal, Plastic, Wood, Leather.1/4 (6mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YHNMTL5...M0BE8V5801QFRR

Why screw around?
    Ignore Alien Orders

I've had good luck labeling mags on the baseplate with metallic silver sharpies. It holds up pretty well.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I use a Sharpie pen and reapply as needed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I've had good luck labeling mags on the baseplate with metallic silver sharpies. It holds up pretty well.
    This is my method as well.

If you need something more permanent, you could use an electric pencil (etching tool, tattoo gun style or rotary burr). You can go over the marking with paint pen and wipe off the excess for better visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    I use a Sharpie pen and reapply as needed.
    Same here. On the side, and the base.

Marked

On mags that are used to carry for self-defense these markings will usually go a few years before they need to be redarkened. For range mags that get used, dropped and beaten up a lot they can easily go a year before they need to be remarked. They fade, but they do not go away. Acetone will take the markings off if you have a slip of the pen or change your mind.

Name:  Screenshot_20210925-140322.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  34.8 KB

I use an oil based fine marker pen. I label the baseplate and the side of the metal/polymer mag. Been doing it for years and I just reapply as needed.

Soldering iron or wood burner is the answer. I do a “dot” system on the baseplate, it lasts longer than any paint or sharpie, it’s the most resistant to chemicals - obviously - and no confusion with other’s mags. It’s a “cleaner” look as well but not so sure if it looks as good on social media. Plus you use it to stipple your other gear or most importantly use it for hobbies with the kids.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Assuming a polymer baseplate, krylon fusion spray paint and some number stencils work.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List