Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: Cell Phone (Verizon)

RFI: Cell Phone (Verizon)

With 3G soon to be a thing of the past, my iPhone 5c will be in mothballs soon.

I plan on staying with Verizon but don't necessarily have to stay with the iPhone line, so other options are welcome as well.

Anybody have a good suggestion for us? My wife and I share a cell phone as we don't spend a lot of time on it, don't use it to surf the web unless need be, or run tons of apps...some we use are Spotify, Camera, Safari, etc etc. I have lots of apps on the phone, but most don't get used but rarely.

Appreciate any advice as to what to avoid, and what's good.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    The iPhone SE (2020 version) would be an easy transition from your current phone. It has recent tech and performs well for much less money than the flagship iPhones.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    The iPhone SE (2020 version) would be an easy transition from your current phone. It has recent tech and performs well for much less money than the flagship iPhones.
    Looks like they're out of stock in all the places around here, Verizon store as well as Verizon online.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

We upgraded our iPhones to 12's maybe...two years ago? Perhaps with the new ones coming out, maybe a refurbed iPhone 12 would make sense? Ours have been pretty solid (but, I say that about all my Apple products. My original iPod 30G (with color display!) still works, if you count having to plug it into a charging socket because the battery is shot, works. But it does power up and still has most all of my MC Hammer collection on it. ).

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Try and find a used/refurbished 1st Gen iPhone SE. Same as your 5c but with a faster processor and 4G. Or as Rob says a 12 which is pretty close to your 5c in size and feel.

I’m rocking a Gen 1 SE and I have no plans on changing up any time soon. I extend to ride this phone to the end like Major Kong!

@blues https://buy.gazelle.com/

We have a cell phone that's used only to receive urgent messages. For example, if we're both in the office and that phone rings, it's not answered. On a friend's recommendation we bought our last one at the used-phone shop, Gazelle.com

They might have something you would be pleased with.

Duces
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 03-05-2022 at 07:11 PM.

I have an iPhone 12 mini that I am very pleased with.

I bought it from Verizon last year

With the 13 out now the 12 is a decent price.

Oh, the 12 is 5G capable.

Site Supporter
    I had two 2016 SEs (first one drowned) and now have a 2020 SE. my son just bought a used 2020 SE, to replace my second 2016 SE which I gave him when I upgraded.

We both prefer the 2020 SE, for whatever that’s worth.

My daughter had a 7, and recently upgraded to a 13 something or other when the 7 finally died.

We like iPhones. They last us a lot longer than anything else ever has - I have a box full of dead used non-iPhones I should recycle or something.

I had an iPhone 3G (my daughters old phone) that was fine, but I moved to an iPhone 13 Mini just after Christmas since AT&T was dropping 3G.

It is a nice phone. I'll never use all the features, but it isn't a huge phone like some of the other new phones. It is bigger than the 3G phone, but not significantly larger. I'm happy with it.

iPhone 13 https://www.apple.com/iphone-13/

I say stick with iPhone too. I have a 12 Pro Max for my personal phone and an 11 for my work, phone currently. I think I’ve been using iPhones for 11 years now and have been happy with them.

My other work phone is Google Pixel and I am not a fan.

Apple is expected to announce a 2022 iPhone SE next week that is 5G capable. That might be why there are no 2020 models in stock anywhere. The iPhone 12 mini might also work well for you.

User Tag List