Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Shipping container Inflation! (700%)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    This is the problem.... for 40% of imported goods... Note this was published in 2015.

https://archive.kpcc.org/news/2015/0...s-angeles-and/

I'm sure Mayor Pete is on it as hard as Mr Trump.
    I just heard an interview with Buttigieg. He said that the trucker’s wait for containers was one of the issues the program is intended to address.

Good luck. They’ll need it.
    Last edited by peterb; 03-18-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Double post. Deleted.
    Last edited by peterb; 03-18-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Why is the announcement that the Feds are going to Do Something making me feel a bit worried?
    I'll bectcha that this program intended to make stuff move more readily will instead:
    -Spend more on bureaucratic empire building than any actual on the ground benefits
    -Shovel federal money to connected political doners
    -Add more levels of red tape and useless paperwork
    -Require long hours of useless mandatory training, including rubbish 'diversity' training
    -Shovel federal money to connected political doners for 'diversity' training
    -Add tons more money to the cost of transporting stuff
    -And red tape
    -And time
    -Shovel federal money to connected political doners for studies on why things haven't sped up
    -Add more red tape and mandatory diversity training, because the consltants determined that the cause is 'institutional racism and transphobia'
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

All that stuff could happen. I try to be optimistic.

In the interview, Buttigieg said that they were trying to improve the flow of information between existing commercial entities. It sounded as if the situation had been “I’m not sharing my data until they do”, and the DoT was trying to get everyone to sit down and work it out.

Our Federal gov is going to fix it? The Biden admin?

You are an optimist!

User Tag List