Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta 92 Stovepipe malfunctions

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I hate having to stake by deforming the metal in one of the core, basic pieces of the gun. Stake a receiver end plate on an AR. GI-spec castle nut and end plate are dirt cheap, you can easily throw new ones on when you take stuff apart. Staking, unstaking, restaking, and unstaking again, over and over, of the slide itself, in order to accomplish what is going to be a periodic service many times over the life of the gun, just bugs the heck out of me.
    That said I have heard of many people forgoing the re-staking and just driving on or applying a bit of locktite and doing the same. The location of the pin tends to make any walking out very visible to anyone more observant than Joe Biden.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    That said I have heard of many people forgoing the re-staking and just driving on or applying a bit of locktite and doing the same. The location of the pin tends to make any walking out very visible to anyone more observant than Joe Biden.
    Yeah, but the fact that Beretta hasn't, at some point between the 1970s and today (I'm assuming the design carried over from something in the 1950s, but haven't read my Beretta history to know that), redesigned that to use a roll or coil pin like everybody else does, is kinda lame. Yeah, TDP blah blah. Maybe the "M9 A4" will get a technology upgrade to 30 years ago in this detail...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I'll guarantee the OP just needs to replace his extractor. I've replaced two and they both went between 15-20k rounds. I use a small flathead screwdriver to restake the pin. It's nothing to be concerned about. It takes hardly any force to slightly deform the steel.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I'll guarantee the OP just needs to replace his extractor. I've replaced two and they both went between 15-20k rounds. I use a small flathead screwdriver to restake the pin. It's nothing to be concerned about. It takes hardly any force to slightly deform the steel.
    That’s my plan… extractor and spring. it shipped today.

User Tag List