Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deal Spotted: Raven Morrigan and Morrigan LC

Site Supporter

Deal Spotted: Raven Morrigan and Morrigan LC

I'm not sure if anyone needs one, but Raven is having a sale on their Morrigan holsters.

Morrigan ($29):
    https://rcsgear.com/morrigan-holster

Morrigan LC ($39)
    https://rcsgear.com/morrigan-holster-light-compatible

I'm not affiliated with Raven in any way, and have never used a Morrigan... I just thought I'd pass along the info.

Site Supporter
    The price is right, but I read some shakey reviews of the website. Any input on the holster? It would be for a Glock 17 carried. 3-4 o'clock. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    The price is right, but I read some shakey reviews of the website. Any input on the holster? It would be for a Glock 17 carried. 3-4 o'clock. Thanks.
    I can’t speak to the Morrigan, as I’ve never used one. However, I feel confident in saying that Raven is on the up-and-up. They’ve been in the game a comparatively long time (RCS Phantoms were once highly regarded though now discontinued). I’ve personally had a handful of transactions with them in the last couple of years without issue.

I ran a Morigan for a G19 for a couple of years. It was good, but not as good as a JMCK IWB3 by any stretch in my personal use. Just how it fit me. Using the velcro strap for tension adjustment instead of a screw actually worked ok in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I ran a Morigan for a G19 for a couple of years. It was good, but not as good as a JMCK IWB3 by any stretch in my personal use. Just how it fit me. Using the velcro strap for tension adjustment instead of a screw actually worked ok in my experience.
    Thanks for weighing in. I've looked at the Morrigan a few times and the "Morrigan v. IWB3" always seemed unresolved (I'm very happy with my IWB3s).
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    Thanks for weighing in. I've looked at the Morrigan a few times and the "Morrigan v. IWB3" always seemed unresolved (I'm very happy with my IWB3s).
    It is quite possible you would like the Morigan if you like the IWB3, maybe better, it rides a little lower the way I had mine set up. Unlike IWB 3 you have a lot of choice in adjusting how high or low it actually rides and you can adjust the angle of cant over a wide range which you cannot do with an IWB3 so much other than the angle you choose to get Tony to make it for you.

If we're talking 3:00 carry, the Morrigan is not a bad holster. Raven is of course very reputable. IIRC, I very briefly carried a G19 with one. Didn't conceal nearly as well as a JM WC 2.5. I've been using a WC 2.5 for quite a few years now at 3:00 with a straight drop, and it's worked very well for concealing full size guns (G17, G34, P30, maybe a couple others I forget) while still allowing an unimpeded or robust draw stroke without a kinked wrist.

I used a morrigan for G43 at 4 o’clock. That was before I switched to AIWB. The morrigan worked well for behind the hip but the few times I tried it appendix the holster didn’t provide enough grip rotation to properly conceal. Compared to a JMCK AIWB holster (with or without wing) it’s no comparison.

if the purpose is 3-5 o’clock carry its a great deal at $30. Perhaps for some it could work for AIWB but not me.

Site Supporter
    I still have and use an RCS Phantom, and like it quite well. Quality kit.

I have no experience with the Morrigan, however.

I have a couple Morrigans and they are serviceable holsters. I was able the get down under 1.3sec from closed front concealment with a 1911 carried at 3:30 yesterday.

User Tag List