Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What I bet my life on...

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Geez....this is a tough thread for the OP. Do we know anything about his situation?
    Why, as a forum, do we need to shit all over old guys?
    Thanks for wondering, I'm fine thank you.

I'm 66, and can still pass the old USMC PT test (pull-ups, sit-ups, 3 mile run), and I was in the Chair Force. I sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies (snap, crackle, pop) when I do it now though...

Some got it, some had fun with this, some missed it and are offended by a perceived attitude I do not have nor intended.

I do think this is the best place for the best info.

TMI is better than NEI, but it can be overwhelming.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Geez....this is a tough thread for the OP. Do we know anything about his situation?

My dad is 82 years old, and his only handguns are a Ruger Mark II Bull Barrel and a S&W 686P. His primary shotgun is a Beretta over/under 12 gauge through which he fired at least 50,000 rounds on the trap range.

A while back, when his arthritis got worse I switched out the 357 rounds in his revolver to Federal HST 38 Specials. I changed out the two 00 buck rounds I gave him years ago with two Aguila Mini Shells. I'm certain his muscle memory will be fine if he ever needs to chamber and fire them.

I think these are all very appropriate choices for his circumstances. I imagine the OP is well set for his circumstances, as well.

Also, despite being an avid shooter in his younger years, my dad wouldn't understand much of anything we talk about on this site. He's practical, not tactical. And that's okay.

Why, as a forum, do we need to shit all over old guys?
    This has happened more than once lately. It’s less than impressive.

I’ll admit the OP was a bit different for PF posts, but the reaction is not becoming.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Maybe Neil Jung can write a song about it...
    Finished the tread. Was going to riff off of blues ("I seen the needle and the damage done") but now I am a little sad.

OP, I am glad the stuff you like and trust what has worked for you.

Many here are driving the craft. Technology. Tactics. Guns. Gear. Skill development. Some will take chances and be very, very successful advancing the craft. Some, or the same, will take other chances and fail miserably. I KNOW that I have made some good advances, as well as some horrible failures.

I hope there is still something in this forum to your liking.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    This has happened more than once lately. It’s less than impressive.

I’ll admit the OP was a bit different for PF posts, but the reaction is not becoming.
    Many believe that their worth and expertise is gauged by their participation in the forums and would rather insult others rather than offer meaningful content.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOrick View Post
    Thanks for wondering, I'm fine thank you.

I'm 66, and can still pass the old USMC PT test (pull-ups, sit-ups, 3 mile run), and I was in the Chair Force. I sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies (snap, crackle, pop) when I do it now though...

Some got it, some had fun with this, some missed it and are offended by a perceived attitude I do not have nor intended.

I do think this is the best place for the best info.

TMI is better than NEI, but it can be overwhelming.

You're a good man and a good sport.

If any of my posts were offensive, I apologize for my callousness.

(I know what it's like to be an old P-Fucker working at keeping in shape...in spite of the parts squeaking.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If any of my posts were offensive, I apologize for my callousness.
    No need; if you can't take the heat you shouldn't set fire to the kitchen... which was not my intention.

Coulda/woulda/shoulda said it different; I can see why some were rankled.

I was surprised at some of the reactions, too. I've mostly seen polite interactions here, prior.

Probably some of the same guys that were instantly & forever offended by Springfield Armory's "Grip Zone" too.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Probably some of the same guys that were instantly & forever offended by Springfield Armory's "Grip Zone" too.
    I was certainly not offended by the Grip Zone but I do think it's one of the most lame, stupid, and embarrassing things ever put onto a firearm. I would only be offended if the ATF required my guns to have a Grip Zone... As it stands, I'll just refrain from buying any of them.

User Tag List