Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What I bet my life on...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOrick View Post
    Not that you should care.

I was issued the M15, M1911A1, M9, and M11.

Since I retired I've owned similar pistols and Glocks.

These days I bet my life on a Ruger GP100, a RIA 1911, and a P365XL (w safety).

The Ruger was good enough for the USMS, and I like it a lot.

The RIA 1911 (in 9 minimeter!) works better than the M1911A1s I was issued; those were good enough for government work.

Since I handled the P365XL I have not really wanted to carry anything else; I shoot it well enough. No problems so far.

Oh, and a Maverick 12g pump, loaded with Aguila mini shot shells.

I'm happy with, and trust, all of the above. Even after all I read here about this and that. I suppose I am a master of cognitive dissonance. There's no hope for some of us?

This is not a dig, and I am not trolling, but this place and You Tube could make you crazy...

There is no mandatory participation here. If this place drives you crazy, there is a simple solution for that and nobody is going to feel the loss of your absence.

I personally bet my life on using my brain and the wisdom of life experience. Hardware is just stuff.

I can use my fencing piers as a weapon if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    A 2005 Honda Accord. I bet, every day, that it's in good shape due to my paying attention to routine maintenance.
    Now here we go, what is it with highly intelligent females, who have to prove the point they can make a Honda Accord last 1 million miles or 1 thousand years, which ever comes first....I work with 3 of them that I know of....I don't get the underlying dynamics that make this particular pattern happen.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Now here we go, what is it with highly intelligent females, who have to prove the point they can make a Honda Accord last 1 million miles or 1 thousand years, which ever comes first....I work with 3 of them that I know of....I don't get the underlying dynamics that make this particular pattern happen.
    They need their Accords to last that long because they are all saving for a new Ridgeline.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    It’s called “being cheap because I prefer to spend money on guns.”

I have no love for cars.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    ...what the fuck is the point of the OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    He's trying to say something about the Duality of Man, you know, the Jungian thing.
    What I got out of the post...

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Ed, I think he is referring to the M15 .38 Revolver used by USAF Security Forces and possibly OSI prior to adoption of the M9. Essentially same as the S&W Model 15.
    Yes, that would be the M15 I was referring to.

Thirty year-old ski bindings. Some day, they'll bite me.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

This almost seems like a festivus...almost...

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    This almost seems like a festivus...almost...
    This should make it feel more homey...

Almost festivus
    That special time of the year
    When butts are hurting
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List