Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: What I bet my life on...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Oh. My. God.

Set the wayback machine to 2001 and cue Gecko45.

That is still some of the best shit the internet has ever produce.
    Ivan Chesnokov.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    It’s a Staccato P.
    I recognized the gun, just not the holster attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Are you perhaps referring to the Modwing? It sits behind your belt and increases the grip rotation into your body.
    Yes.
    So that is what it is, ok. I am just behind the times.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I recognized the gun, just not the holster attachment.

Yes.
    So that is what it is, ok. I am just behind the times.
    No problem... Most every decent AIWB holster these days features some kind of grip rotation aid. I believe Raven Concealment started it with their Claw but I could be very wrong about that.
    Some IWB holsters have them now as well but it's most effective when used with appendix carry. I wouldn't buy an AIWB holster that didn't feature a Claw, Modwing, or Darkwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    When I got my 2020 RAV last year, I traded my 2010 Corolla with 189k on it and they gave me $4,500 trade in for it. I was really surprised. I had tried to sell it locally and no one wanted to buy it at $3,000. This was after making the deal on the RAV at 15% off MSRP.

They asked what I was going to do with the Corolla. I told them I was going to sell it and the asked if they could make me an offer on it. After driving it they said $4k and I said I was hoping to get $5 and they said $4,500 and I said SOLD.

This was in August of last year before everything went totally off the rails with chips and empty lots.

Yeah, there isn't much of a script these days for what dealers are going to do to stay in business. My guess is they'll have to get creative with trades and finding things to sell, even if it's high mileage. I had a pretty nice 07 low mileage Chev 3/4 ton Duramax that I offered up for trade on a new 2019 4Runner. Toyota dealer didn't want it, or at least they didn't want to give me KBB. A Chevy dealer might have done the trade but I wasn't buying another Chevy. A Corolla is a solid low maintenance get-you-there vehicle like a Honda Civic. I had a GF back in 72 that had a new Corolla. We drove it 4K miles on a road trip without any problems. Unheard of for most US built vehicles in the early 70's. I did drive a 73 dodge PU from AZ to WA but the carb and intake was heavily modified before I left.

I'm taking a 2019 4Runner into a Toyota dealer in a few weeks to see if they want to trade for a 2021 Tundra. Because they have one new 4R on the lot, my guess is they won't give me any incentive to walk away from a deal. Just a guess.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-25-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    There is no mandatory participation here. If this place drives you crazy, there is a simple solution for that and nobody is going to feel the loss of your absence.

I personally bet my life on using my brain and the wisdom of life experience. Hardware is just stuff.

I can use my fencing piers as a weapon if need be.

We used to have a name for those so when my dad said I need a certain tool I knew exactly what he wanted. Those were Rooster Head pliers for me and my bros. Handy tools for pulling and driving fencing staples. These days people use metal posts so a fencing staple doesn't register.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    My car: Seat Ibiza, 249k kilometers (155k miles), built in 2009, 1.4 l, 85 hp.

I like it. Only problem, it became incontinent sometimes (defect water pump and water lines). But that seems to be fixed. It still consumes nearly no oil (less than 1 l in 10k miles). Power measured by top speed still full there (180 km/h = 112 mph).

Does anybody know Seat here? It belongs to the VW group, made in Spain, shares many parts with the VW Polo.

This thread is once again proof that P-F, on it’s best behavior, can often make chicken shit into chicken soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Drop $2K into keeping a good car running vs. $25K or better for a new one, minus the few grand they'll give me for a trade-in.... I'm taking it to the repair shop.
    I can dig it. While we have 2 newer cars, I pedaled the ‘99 ES300 to the coast for a Cecil Burch seminar. Love me some old-school Japanese quality control. And the lack of payments.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm taking a 2019 4Runner into a Toyota dealer in a few weeks to see if they want to trade for a 2021 Tundra. Because they have one new 4R on the lot, my guess is they won't give me any incentive to walk away from a deal. Just a guess.
    My boss had a lease up on a Titan, and the dealer wrote him a $6k check to sell it them rather than turn it in to Nissan. Sold him his new one (purchased this one) for MSRP, but when he just had to ask about discount they told him he didn't have to buy it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The car I have had the most fun in my life owning was the "Shit Brown Honda O'Doom". Given to me by an ex-girlfriends dad after the A/C went out in it.

Oh what fun it was to ride in the shit brown Honda O'Doom.

The SBHOD was a '91/92 (I honestly have forgotten which at this point) Honda Accord sedan with a 5-speed manual.

Sometimes I see a clean Accord of the same vintage and almost want to buy it. Mine had just short of 200k miles, with very little regular maintenance done to it. It drank oil or pissed it out at a rate that oil changes were never needed. I popped a head gasket racing it like 21-year old boys tend to do.

I still miss that car.

--

I trust my life to water. Hydrate or die.

Thank you one and all for your civility.

I traded my RIA 1911 in for an M&P 2.0 Compact w MS.

Keeping the mighty Maverick stoked with Aguila mini shells though...

User Tag List