Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What I bet my life on...

https://youtu.be/PaLXVYhXHeY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a guy that bought a 5th generation Accord new, drove it for about 200K and parked it because the heater stopped working and it needed brake pads/rotors turned. He thought the brake job would cost more than the car was worth. He gave it to my mechanic neighbor who drove it home. He did the brakes and found a rodent nest in the heater vent. Nothing else wrong with it. Body and interior were in good shape. He then washed all the moss and fir needles off of the car and sold it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I bet my life on...

...good timing

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    There is no mandatory participation here. If this place drives you crazy, there is a simple solution for that and nobody is going to feel the loss of your absence.

I personally bet my life on using my brain and the wisdom of life experience. Hardware is just stuff.

I can use my fencing piers as a weapon if need be.

En garde?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I bought a case of mini shot shells and never found any pump that would run them reliably. I tried hard. I'm an expert on derelicts, idiots, incompetents, and Mossberg pump guns.
    I put 20 rounds each of buck and slugs through the mighty Maverick w/o any problems; that was reliable enough for me.

Sleeping soundly through the bumps in the night because my hearing aid is off and out...

Site Supporter
    great thread.

would read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Not for me. A critical point for the next car will be whether or not it has a CVT. Most of the current Accords have CVTs.
    Two of our three experiences with the Nissan CVT's were very good until each hit about 130K miles, those two ended up going to a scrapper because we were unwilling to pay for the replacement when they started failing. Are the Honda CVT's problematic?

Site Supporter
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Two of our three experiences with the Nissan CVT's were very good until each hit about 130K miles, those two ended up going to a scrapper because we were unwilling to pay for the replacement when they started failing. Are the Honda CVT's problematic?
    The one in my 2015 CRV failed at 102k, just after the end of the Honda brand extended warranty and 4K after a dealer performed scheduled CVT service. Of course they told me to fuck off.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I know a guy that bought a 5th generation Accord new, drove it for about 200K and parked it because the heater stopped working and it needed brake pads/rotors turned. He thought the brake job would cost more than the car was worth.
    That, to my mind, is the wrong way of thinking about it. It's not "what's this car worth," it's "what's it going to cost me to replace it?"

Drop $2K into keeping a good car running vs. $25K or better for a new one, minus the few grand they'll give me for a trade-in.... I'm taking it to the repair shop.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List