Thread: Hunter's remains found 53 years later....Rocky Mtns ID

Hunter's remains found 53 years later....Rocky Mtns, ID

I don't know how far this is from @Lost River country, but I wonder what got this guy. I assume the remains were just part of a skeleton but one wonders if it was a heart attack, a fall, or a predator got him. Lots of people have disappeared into the wilderness like this and never been heard from again.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/0...-for-53-years/

One story that always intrigued me is the remains and two cocked rifles that were found in the Big Horns and are on display at the Old Town museums in Cody.

A story we will never know.

Name:  found in big horns rifles and skull.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  54.4 KB
    Last edited by fatdog; 09-23-2021 at 04:27 PM.

I know that area. It is not far as the crow flies from my cabin. It is unforgiving. It is on the east side of the Pahsimeroi and remote is a word that just does not do some of those areas justice.

These are pics from the Pahsimeroi just to give you and idea of the mountains. He was there in the late fall/winter. Mistakes then become fatal mistakes quickly.

Here are pics from a climb on Borah which is a mountain due west of the area he was found:

And looking up the last 500 feet of a climb when I accidentally got off trail:

Needless to say, it is steep, rocky country.

Good Goat and Sheep country though:

the Pahsimeroi was on my off road adventure itinerary for my Western trip this year per your recommendations, did not make it this year, but hope to next year....beautiful place!

Site Supporter
    That's wild (both the country and the fact another bowhunter found him 53 years later).

God rest his soul and I'm sure his family is pleased to finally have some closure. At least it would seem he went doing something he enjoyed.

Beautiful pics and country @Lost River. I envy you the view.

A beautiful place reserved for rugged men.

Site Supporter
    I read the title and thought, “What!? Hunter Biden ... nah, that’s gotta be something else.”

When it's my time, that's how I want to go.

Site Supporter
    We stopped at that museum and some other places in Cody, Wyoming on a family trip to Yellowstone when I was 13. It absolutely captured the imagination.
    My Dad and I had a great time perusing everything, my Mom and little sister were grumpy the whole time. There was an old gun store there too, near or attached to that museum, and it had a wall full of awesome antique lever guns and hi-walls. My Dad fell in love with a hi-wall that was there, in .40-70 as I recall, with Marbles sights and absolutely gorgeous patina'd old walnut stock. My Dad is bitter to this day that my Mom squashed any idea of buying it.

Site Supporter
    I can understand his attitude

User Tag List