Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So my son made his first knife…

Good on all three of you for this.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Great looking piece of craftsmanship!

Kudos all around.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I like it. Great job.
    --Jason--

Excellent work. I'm sure you are very proud of that young man!! Best wishes to him on all his future endeavors!

That is a fine piece of craftsmanship. Very impressive work no matter the age of the maker. Congratulations to the 12 year old Bladesmith (wow) and dad too!

Wow! Very nice!

I could do work like that. But I’d have to have large expensive machine tools to do it. And no way in hell could I at 12 years old!

Quality knives like that come from one of two places. Large industrial type shops or from artisans.

Buy your friend a bottle of good whiskey. And if I didn’t get the point across tell your son that’s impressive as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Last year (at aged 12) my son started apprenticing with my good friend and coach at Attention2Detail. He's been regularly working there, doing a little bit of this and that as he gains more knowledge / experience.

He really wanted to buy one of the knives and Doug (owner) suggested he instead pay for materials and make it himself. Well he finally finished it yesterday: 3V steel, carbon fiber / brass scales. He's so proud of it and so am I. Thought I'd share, sorry the photos aren't more "pro":

Attachment 77546

Attachment 77547

Attachment 77548
    Looks a hell of a lot better than my first one did!

Site Supporter
    That’s some really nice work.
    Kudos to your son, and nice work, Dad!

That’s a gorgeous blade. Tell your son that he does awesome work! Both of you have reason to be proud.

User Tag List