Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knight's Armament

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    +2

SR15 + CompM4 + LMT enhanced bolt carrier + A5 setup, in my mind at least, seems like it would make for an awesome end-of-the-world carbine.
    Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful…

Name:  SR-15 14.5%22 2.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  35.5 KB

While I like the LMT enhanced bolt carriers, I don’t see it having any advantage over the E3 bolt and it’s carrier in this gun.
    Last edited by Sensei; 10-02-2021 at 08:10 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Collector's Firearms. I didn't spend nearly enough money there while I lived in Texas.
    My God, would it even be possible to spend enough money in Collector's? I left before they got to their new location, and anytime gun nut friends were in town, there we were. I spent my Collector's money in the used 1911 shelves, and on books, but that milsurp section was sure tempting.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    My God, would it even be possible to spend enough money in Collector's? I left before they got to their new location, and anytime gun nut friends were in town, there we were. I spent my Collector's money in the used 1911 shelves, and on books, but that milsurp section was sure tempting.
    It was some years ago. They had racks of 03A3s, a good selection of Les Baer 1911s and an exempt G Series FNFAL that, while expensive, it was within my reach, if only I had realized what I was looking at. I told myself I was doing the responsible thing.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 10-03-2021 at 01:16 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Yearight?! What kind of '03 might I prefer- straight stock, s-stock, c-stock, 03, 03A3; all of it, just sitting there, ready to picked up and decided upon.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    +2

SR15 + CompM4 + LMT enhanced bolt carrier + A5 setup, in my mind at least, seems like it would make for an awesome end-of-the-world carbine. Maybe an LMT AR10 tube (LMP259C) for the rolled threads? Not sure if SR25 tubes (25758) have rolled threads? Not sure if that's too many dwell time modifiers to function reliably in a 16" though.

Sample of who knows how many but I’ve seen LMT enhanced BCGs and A5s cause more problems than they ever solved. If they one caused one solitary problem they’d have still caused more problems that they ever solved.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    https://www.knightarmco.com/product/commercial-firearms
    [...]

Maybe I'm just disconnected from the industry as a whole these days, but it seems like they're kind of off the radar again?

Thoughts?
    A: I look up KAC's stuff from time to time. It seems finding anything KAC in 2020/2021 is like trying to find an in stock molle rear slickster from ferro concepts. I've personally lost the drive for now.
    B: from research over the years, paying for KAC doesn't seem to give me great odds the rifle will be more accurate, lighter or reliable than 2021 factory options from Daniel Defense or Geissele.

A lot of people remark the 11.5 Geiessele uppers are still very reliable while being "properly gassed" as compared to 11.5 KAC uppers. Subjective from what I hear.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    A: I look up KAC's stuff from time to time. It seems finding anything KAC in 2020/2021 is like trying to find an in stock molle rear slickster from ferro concepts. I've personally lost the drive for now.
    B: from research over the years, paying for KAC doesn't seem to give me great odds the rifle will be more accurate, lighter or reliable than 2021 factory options from Daniel Defense or Geissele.

A lot of people remark the 11.5 Geiessele uppers are still very reliable while being "properly gassed" as compared to 11.5 KAC uppers. Subjective from what I hear.
    Anecdotes about individual personally owned guns aside, I know of two institutional / GOV users of multiple Geissele complete rifles. The reports based on multiple examples in use are mixed. One agency had great results in testing then experienced issues with barrels / accuracy on some of the actual production guns. The other has reported multiple rifles with reliability issues.

"Properly gassed" can also depend on suppressed vs unsuppressed and the back pressure of the suppressor. The above referenced agencies are not running suppressors on their G rifles AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Anecdotes about individual personally owned guns aside, I know of two institutional / GOV users of multiple Geissele complete rifles. The reports based on multiple examples in use are mixed. One agency had great results in testing then experienced issues with barrels / accuracy on some of the actual production guns. The other has reported multiple rifles with reliability issues.

"Properly gassed" can also depend on suppressed vs unsuppressed and the back pressure of the suppressor. The above referenced agencies are not running suppressors on their G rifles AFAIK.
    Interesting, I've heard the exact same thing.

Short dwell time isn’t the boon for reliability that most of the internet thinks it is.

For all of the accusations of ‘lack of innovation’, Colt actually did a LOT of testing and evaluation of the mid-length system before they stated that there was no reliability benefit to it and why they still market the 6920 to institutional users all over the world. When they did release a mid-length, it was .071” ported 16” which is .003” smaller than the most commonly available conservatively ported barrels. Because if there’s anything that Colt doesn’t care about, it’s your .223 ammo and heavy buffer/goofy spring nonsense you screwed to the back of the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Thank you for the feedback and info. I should have said "properly gassed" suppressed. Thank you.

User Tag List