Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonstrated Concepts Cheek Weld

Looking forward to hitting the range later with my Tippman .22 to experiment.

Name:  3EF7652B-87D0-4674-9223-34A2043DE292.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  89.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Vehicle work video is up.

I am very open to new ideas, and interested in exploring this technique.

Philosophically, here is the issue that I am trying to reconcile. In our USPSA shooting, my wife and I have been working on extending our arms, and setting our wrists, but otherwise taking the tension out of our shooting. My wife is down in Moab while I am up in Montana for an elk trip, but she has been working hard at exploring reducing tension, and today for example by reducing tension, was able to shoot .17 splits at 15 yards into the A zone with her CO pistol. In my only range session exploring this, and clearly I know just enough about it to be dangerous, the way I was applying force was degrading my ability to make fast accurate hits with the AR .22 pistol compared to shooting the .22 AR carbine with a stock that I regularly train with.

Not my call, but I would love it if we could keep this thread on Rhett and discussion of and experimentation with his methods, as opposed to another equipment heavy thread — lest his thoughts be diluted.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not my call, but I would love it if we could keep this thread on Rhett and discussion of and experimentation with his methods, as opposed to another equipment heavy thread — lest his thoughts be diluted.
    Thanks for this. If someone wants to start a cheek-pistol equipment thread, I'll move some posts.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks for this. If someone wants to start a cheek-pistol equipment thread, I'll move some posts.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ekweld-Pistols
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

How well does this work when you're smoked, injured and/or in the midst of an adrenaline dump?

What about when you're reacting to something instead of initiating a staged event?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    How well does this work when you're smoked, injured and/or in the midst of an adrenaline dump?

What about when you're reacting to something instead of initiating a staged event?
    That would be a damn good scenario to test. I’m thinking it would be similar to carbine since you’re still consistently mounting up, but that’s not based with any actual experience.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

To add to that, how does it work with "strange" positions such as you'd find using the Viking tactics "wall".
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

It seems to me that once you get to the size of an AR, you might as well just get a brace or a stock. There are lots of options that add virtually zero bulk, and you get the benefits of a stock

User Tag List