Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonstrated Concepts Cheek Weld

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    @SouthNarc also reposted it on his Instagram. Haven't watched the video yet myself, but that's a pretty big vote of confidence, IMO.
    Goddamn have the Gun-Karens come out in full swarm on that video. Clutching pearls and swinging purses.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyCrusty View Post
    Late to the party as usual. It’s me, Rhett (DCON TRAINING)

Happy to answer any questions.
    I am interested in the parts list as well. I haven't seen the attachment on the side of the cheek pistol you have in the latest video, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @RustyCrusty
    Rhett, thanks for checking in. This is exciting and cutting edge stuff, and exactly the sort of thing we should be discussing and documenting on Pistol-Forum. A few questions:

• Do you have a parts list for the 5.56 cheek pistol?
    • Can you comment on the tradeoffs of a short vs. full-size buffer tube and buffer? E.g. Do a short buffer tube and buffer require an adjustable gas block and tuning for ammo type to be reliable?
    • Have you tested 300 BLK?

I'm sure there are lots of other questions.
    -yes. Working to offer a complete upper and lower retrofit kit soon. Heavy focus on weight reduction and providing the lightest shooting gun possible. People worry about lightweight carrier and buffer, but they don’t bother upgrading cam pin, gas rings- both of which are HUGE for reliability gains. **you can do this with any stockless AR, just like you can do trim work with a framing hammer**

-short buffer shines in vehicle presentation and movement with back against walls. That shit happens. Full size buffer shines with LPVO and other tight eyebox optics.

-I’ve run a few thousand rounds with 300blk, but honestly won’t be running anymore in bulk with pricing on that.

General statement on cartridge reliability: a 22 that is tested to run 1k without failure is more trustworthy in a fight than ANY individual gun that you can’t afford to test with 1k rounds of defense ammo… looking at you 300blk/5.7. I’ve had really wonky AMMO failures with 300blk in all guns. Popped primers on defense guns that kill a gun entirely. Multiple times. Across multiple manufactured loads. I hear nightmares about 5.7 feeding from dudes who pew lots of it.

edit. already posted

I am absolutely no one's gunfighter, but the quality of thought and presentation that's going into this is fascinating. The 24" door frame discussion was great.

I really like my house, but it's nightmarish angles and spaces if you're trying to come out of the master bedroom and clear spaces- this combination of equipment and techniques would address many of those matters.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Strike Industries 5" buffer tube assembly is on the way. I'll do some 300BLK testing when I get it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RustyCrusty View Post
    Late to the party as usual. It’s me, Rhett (DCON TRAINING)

Happy to answer any questions.
    Hi,

I'm very interested in the shooting techniques.

In the first videos (I haven't seen all of them) I saw of your work (with shotguns), it appeared that you used the (or a variation of the) Haught (push-pull/"stretch the gun") technique. Is that basically it, or does it have some changes or is it something else entirely? Do you change techniques when it comes to ARs or equivalent weapon?

In the last video shown here, you have your support hand over the rail, how do you work that? is there any pressure/tension involved at all or something else?

Any details you can pass on would be really helpful as what you show seems to provide answers to questions I've had for quite a while.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I have a theory that a cheekweld only on a buffer tube may very well provide for a considerably more agile gun. I mean if you think about it you’ve removed the entire variable of the stock seated in the “pocket” of the shoulder. Your cheek and hand versus your cheek, shoulder, and your hands. 3 variables versus 4. I could be totally wrong but if you watch Rhett run a stockless AR pistol he sure isn’t suffering for speed or accuracy.
    This past weekend I was taking Tom Givens' shotgun instructor course and spent an entire day shooting my 14-in 870 without letting the butt touch my shoulder. It felt dramatically faster, and while I didn't get to test with and without on a timer (that's coming), my performance certainly did not suffer. I still like having a stock for bracing against my forearm while doing reloads or other manipulations, but shooting with only the hands on the gun and a cheek weld worked beautifully and I will be likely continuing this whenever possible.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Hi,

I'm very interested in the shooting techniques.

In the first videos (I haven't seen all of them) I saw of your work (with shotguns), it appeared that you used the (or a variation of the) Haught (push-pull/"stretch the gun") technique. Is that basically it, or does it have some changes or is it something else entirely? Do you change techniques when it comes to ARs or equivalent weapon?

In the last video shown here, you have your support hand over the rail, how do you work that? is there any pressure/tension involved at all or something else?

Any details you can pass on would be really helpful as what you show seems to provide answers to questions I've had for quite a while.
    My question, too. I looked through his videos on YouTube and couldn't find one where he explains exactly how he holds the AR pistol, in terms of how he applies force.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    …but shooting with only the hands on the gun and a cheek weld worked beautifully and I will be likely continuing this whenever possible.

That’s a compelling endorsement of the concept.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List