Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonstrated Concepts Cheek Weld

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Would adding a LAW folder take the shorter tube back out to standard length?
    Not internally due to the spacer that is required.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I watched the linked videos. Lots of good info and impressive shooting. Something I am not as keen on, is all the fiddling he did with his 5.56 build components. I am more inclined to run a stock BCM or Knight’s upper and call it good. Look forward to seeing how the .300 performs, shot this way.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I watched the linked videos. Lots of good info and impressive shooting. Something I am not as keen on, is all the fiddling he did with his 5.56 build components. I am more inclined to run a stock BCM or Knight’s upper and call it good. Look forward to seeing how the .300 performs, shot this way.
    I'm on the same page. Fiddling and tuning leads to reliability problems, in my experience.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

If it seems to work fine with a pump action 12ga, I’m sure it would work with a mil-spec AR that isn’t using special buffers or adjustable gas blocks.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    It's stupid easy to make hits at 50 yards or more with the technique, and at speed. I don't trust the KelTec, as you can see in the FW video mine is less than reliable. I'm also not convinced .22 is the right cartridge for the platform. Rhett's experimentation with the Steyr is very intriguing, and I'd love to see the concept developed further with a purpose.
    Bettah or waarse?

https://ruger.com/products/22Charger/models.html

Attachment 78385

Looks like great fun.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

New video is up.

Late to the party as usual. It’s me, Rhett (DCON TRAINING)

Happy to answer any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I’d bet my life on a dirty CP33 over a shiny new 10/22. I have no luck with them.

Demonstrated Concepts Cheek Weld

@RustyCrusty
    Rhett, thanks for checking in. This is exciting and cutting edge stuff, and exactly the sort of thing we should be discussing and documenting on Pistol-Forum. A few questions:

• Do you have a parts list for the 5.56 cheek pistol?
    • Can you comment on the tradeoffs of a short vs. full-size buffer tube and buffer? E.g. Do a short buffer tube and buffer require an adjustable gas block and tuning for ammo type to be reliable?
    • Have you tested 300 BLK?

I'm sure there are lots of other questions.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-12-2021 at 07:01 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
    New video is up.
    @SouthNarc also reposted it on his Instagram. Haven't watched the video yet myself, but that's a pretty big vote of confidence, IMO.

User Tag List