Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonstrated Concepts Cheek Weld

Demonstrated Concepts Cheek Weld

This seems pretty interesting to me. I am considering on getting one of the Keltec CP33s to try it out.

Anyone here tried this out?

Interesting. I get the ranging out to 150 or so. That said, I’m not convinced that this set up is better than a G17MOS with GDHP+P for most uses that a micro PDW would good for including clearing. But, hell, what do I know: I’m open to new ideas and gear.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I agree on that, I just think it would be something fun to try out. I am definitely not sold on .22 LR for SD use.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Somewhere in the PDW thread, there's a link to someone doing some decent shooting using a plain round AR pistol buffer tube with a high cheek weld, no brace.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Rhett let me, and a group of people try out his CP33 with his method after a local class. Having never shot it before, it was the easiest and fastest thing I've ever gotten to shoot. Especially with transitions. Everyone had the same experience. It made me consider getting one for the joy it would bring new shooters with instant gratification.

So easy. So fast. Just stupid. I recommend it.

How is all that offset?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How is all that offset?
    I didn't have any issues with it? I'm running 1.93 mounts on everything anyway because I like the heads up position it gives me.

Site Supporter

It's stupid easy to make hits at 50 yards or more with the technique, and at speed. I don't trust the KelTec, as you can see in the FW video mine is less than reliable. I'm also not convinced .22 is the right cartridge for the platform. Rhett's experimentation with the Steyr is very intriguing, and I'd love to see the concept developed further with a purpose.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

That gun looks like a ton of fun. I kind of want one.

I tested one of those Glock brace folding thingys which is kind of like the same thing-ish.

User Tag List