Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonstrated Concepts Cheek Weld

I started messing with my Rattler in dry fire, and it shows promise. Wonder about .300 BLK against my face.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I agree that the cheek-weld index is novel and interesting. For me, how interesting remains unclear. If it's practically limited to rimfire and sub-caliber guns... I'll pass.

I'd like to see someone run a 5.56 or 9mm carbine at a 2-gun or USPSA match using this technique.

Edit: LOL! @GJM posted at the same time. Looking forward to your 300 facial results.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I started messing with my Rattler in dry fire, and it shows promise. Wonder about .300 BLK against my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I agree that the cheek-weld index is novel and interesting. For me, how interesting remains unclear. If it's practically limited to rimfire and sub-caliber guns... I'll pass.

I'd like to see someone run a 5.56 or 9mm carbine at a 2-gun or USPSA match using this technique.

Edit: LOL! @GJM posted at the same time. Looking forward to your 300 facial results.
    I can't speak from personal experience, only what I've seen Rhett demonstrate in his videos, but he uses the Cheek Weld technique to run 12g Shotguns with the birdshead grip. That is certainly more recoil than most any rifle caliber will produce. One caveat is that he does use a recoil strap on the grip but that is mostly to improve control and split times... He can run it without the strap just fine. The trick according to him is to let the firearm recoil straight back, sliding along the cheek. When you don't have a stock pinned to your chest the muzzle is not forced to recoil upwards, only rearward.

Edit to add: Rhett also built an Elk Gun using a buffer tube only AR in 6.5 Grendel and he added a right-side only charging handle to avoid hitting his face. I don't know if the Rattler charging handle would be in the way or not.
    Last edited by GearFondler; 10-09-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Are there any guns where this could safely be tried for a lefty? I'm drawing a blank here but I'd really like to try this out.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am having the exact same thoughts vis-a-vis my DD PDW .300BLK, with the old-school foamie sleeve in lieu of the brace.

That said, Rhett could certainly do it.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The B&T GHM9 and MPA 30SST would probably fit the bill (and extreme ends of budgets)

If braces get banned, I'm gonna try out my mk18 with just the buffer tube. Good technique and the red dot should make it doable. I'll just wrap the buffer tube with hockey tape.

I think non-reciprocating slides on pistols made like the cp33 would end the race for the ultimate pistol mounted optic pretty quick. I think adapting the pistols in some way or having a shelf for the optic like the Flux brace has would be easier to do vice continuing to attempt to engineer something that can withstand riding a moving slide. I like the cheek concept as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

Not apples to apples but I've seen this guy cheek weld a stockless 12ga

If this niche concept/firearm deign/skill looks like a game changer for you….

Then we need to turn off the Internet for 60 days go master strict pulls, peripheral vision hand eye connection or just Begin flossing and trimming nose hairs on a daily basis.

User Tag List