Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonstrated Concepts Cheek Weld

I’m starting to warm up to this idea a bit, I have to admit.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Interesting comment on the TP9 trigger being horrendous -- the exact reason I got rid of mine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I wonder if the Grandpower Stribog could work as a cheek weld pistol. I am at least confident that they work consistently. My primary issue is that I'm a lefty and I'm a little paranoid about taking a lot of brass to the face. This could be a dumb worry, I'm not really sure
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I wonder if the Grandpower Stribog could work as a cheek weld pistol. I am at least confident that they work consistently. My primary issue is that I'm a lefty and I'm a little paranoid about taking a lot of brass to the face. This could be a dumb worry, I'm not really sure
    I believe ideally you would want more upper behind the grip rather than stopping flush like that but it might still work. But you would almost definitely get a burnt nose as a Lefty.

What about the CSM MP57? Other than it's a "Chassis System" and 5.7. Looks like it would work with the cheek weld.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
    What about the CSM MP57? Other than it's a "Chassis System" and 5.7. Looks like it would work with the cheek weld.

Yep, that should work. Expect for the issues with a chassis... Mainly, how well is it made and will it hold zero. Most chassis designs will loose a zero if you remove the pistol. Probably not enough to make a big difference at 15yds but the Cheek Weld idea should be viable for 75 to 100yd shots.

Site Supporter
    Very interesting idea. Probably not gonna bank on a .22lr for self defense tho.

Did this guy do anything with the idea of using a sling and pushing into it to create tension? Making a cheek weld against a sling strap or anything?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I wonder if the keltec p50 can work with this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Very interesting idea. Probably not gonna bank on a .22lr for self defense tho.

Did this guy do anything with the idea of using a sling and pushing into it to create tension? Making a cheek weld against a sling strap or anything?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    He's shown that technique when shooting it one handed.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    He's shown that technique when shooting it one handed.
    Yeah, he’s a real thinker when it comes to isometric sling tension. Both his birds-head shotgun stuff and AR pistol stuff address the topic.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List