Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonstrated Concepts Cheek Weld

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My question, too. I looked through his videos on YouTube and couldn't find one where he explains exactly how he holds the AR pistol, in terms of how he applies force.
    Shotgun- push-pull works. Rather than pulling (like a bow draw) I clench my elbow and shoulder back into my spine. The pressure is that of starting an arm wrestling match.

On AR/AK/CP33, with fingers-over/inverted grip I’m pulling the gun into body with lats, gripping hard and using the same push-clench pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyCrusty View Post
    The pressure is that of starting an arm wrestling match.
    Now THAT is a great visual. Well done Rhett.

Rhett what about the actual amount of pressure into the cheek/jaw on the buffer tube? Any good analogies you could make there to connote the pressure into words?

Every breakthrough idea and paradigm shift by definition breaks the established thinking and will be ridiculed. How do we distinguish the McDojo bull shit from legit innovation? I remember first time I saw SouthNarc's material on strapping knife upside down by your dick. I thought he'd fallen off the short bus. Then when I took ECQC and got shot with my own gun while sucking on a dude's bulls in a north and south I kind of got the in fight weapon access rule.

My question here is how do we validate this?

Quote Originally Posted by underhook View Post
    Every breakthrough idea and paradigm shift by definition breaks the established thinking and will be ridiculed. How do we distinguish the McDojo bull shit from legit innovation? I remember first time I saw SouthNarc's material on strapping knife upside down by your dick. I thought he'd fallen off the short bus. Then when I took ECQC and got shot with my own gun while sucking on a dude's bulls in a north and south I kind of got the in fight weapon access rule.

My question here is how do we validate this?
    Leaving aside tactical considerations, shooting games are quite good at evaluating pure shooting performance. PCC in USPSA seems an ideal place to evaluate the cheek weld with just a buffer tube vs a traditional stock, because mobility and shooting into and out of position are so much of USPSA. I am thinking of removing the stock from my MPX and shooting some arrays with movement and seeing how things vary.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Leaving aside tactical considerations, shooting games are quite good at evaluating pure shooting performance. PCC in USPSA seems an ideal place to evaluate the cheek weld with just a buffer tube vs a traditional stock, because mobility and shooting into and out of position are so much of USPSA. I am thinking of removing the stock from my MPX and shooting some arrays with movement and seeing how things vary.
    I'm planning on doing something similar next month, running my cheek pistol at the local BUG match

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'm planning on doing something similar next month, running my cheek pistol at the local BUG match
    What gun do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    What gun do you use?
    I've got a CP33 like what Rhett uses, though mine isn't nearly as reliable as his.

Another option I might try is to run my 733 clone minus the stock in the local two gun match, along with another run with the stock. Assuming that doesn't kill my out-of-shape ass...

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post

USPSA rules require a stock.. I researched it when I wanted to run a braced pistol - not allowed. It’s in the PCC equipment rules.

At a local match you could probably get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Now THAT is a great visual. Well done Rhett.
    Sadly not for me as it isn't something I've ever done.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List