Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would y'all react to this potential CS issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Escalate it to a manager/owner. The problem sounds to be that no one has taken ownership of the issue and no one is being proactive about correcting it. Possibly a junior employee issue as well but, I'm just speculating.

If I was spending over $1k on some custom item, I'd expect that company to be proactive and to have good communication. Drip feed me some status emails so I know something is happening. Contact me early if lack of stock in components or base materials is bumping the timeline a bit. Bonus points for some after hours or weekend work that minimizes the post-deadline wait. This isn't rocket surgery.
    The first contact they made was from the vice-president, and i am currently talking with the sales manager. If it comes down to it i do have at least some recourse here as well as through my bank.

I really want to like and recommend this company, but they aren't making it easy

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    The customer is not always right, or wrong.

Simply tell them if they can't promise delivery by X date you'd like to cancel. If they're agreeable nobody is any worse off, and everybody goes about their day.

Delivery dates in the shooting market qualify as light fiction. Or dark comedy. At my age, I doubt I would order anything yet to be produced.

It goes back a long way. Harry Pope had a sign: Take your work when ready or take it elsewhere.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Good news, got shipping notification a few hours ago

User Tag List