Thread: I suck at math

Site Supporter

I suck at math

If the EPS Carry has 1.5MOA per click adjustments, what does that translate to per click at 25 yards?

I make 1.5 MOA about 0.4" at 25 yards.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-01-17 07-55-38.png
Views: 294
Size:  20.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I make 1.5 MOA about 0.4" at 25 yards.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-01-17 07-55-38.png
Views: 294
Size:  20.6 KB
    Thank you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    If the EPS Carry has 1.5MOA per click adjustments, what does that translate to per click at 25 yards?
    For any distance, just divide 100 yards by the distance in question. Then divide the MOA by the result.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    For any distance, just divide 100 yards by the distance in question. Then divide the MOA by the result.
    Thanks, that gives me .375 vs RJ's .39. Close enough for me.

I actually think the other way around which works better in my brain. Say, for 1.5 MOA, one click is equivalent to 1.5” at 100 yards. That’s four clicks for 1.5” at 25 yards and ten clicks for 1.5” at 10 yards. Incidentally, I like to zero at 10 yards and confirm/fine-tune at 25 yards. Don’t give me any of that 15 yard non-sense, my math doesn’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Thanks, that gives me .375 vs RJ's .39. Close enough for me.
    I did some light digging, and the rule of thumb is about 5% under actual, mathematically. But yeah, close enough, and it is for sure something that you can remember.

The math is not too complex. A circle has 360 degrees, and a degree has sixty minutes. That means there are 360*60 or 21,600 minutes in a circle. 1 MOA is 1/21,600. The circumference of a circle is 2*pi*radius, where the radius is the distance.

25 yards is 75 feet; 75 feet is 900 inches. So, the 25 yard circle has a circumference of 2*3.1415*900 inches or 5655 inches. 1.0 MOA at 25 yards is 5655/21600 or 0.2618". 1.5 MOA is 0.3929".

Once you get the math worked out, prepare for a little frustration as these things definitely don't track like precision riflescope turrets. You can get a few unexpected jumps in distance, or occasionally clicks that don't seem to move the dot. It's not near as bad with zeroing a pistol, but I have a 507c and 508t as offsets on ARs and zeroing those at 100 yards is...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Once you get the math worked out, prepare for a little frustration as these things definitely don't track like precision riflescope turrets. You can get a few unexpected jumps in distance, or occasionally clicks that don't seem to move the dot. It's not near as bad with zeroing a pistol, but I have a 507c and 508t as offsets on ARs and zeroing those at 100 yards is...interesting.
    This. In my experience, Aimpoint and Trijicon RDS do tend to move predictably, but it’s very hit or miss with the variety of HS optics I have helped zero for numerous students and friends, even for a 25 yard zero.

User Tag List