Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New: DHPWS / PMM Independent Drop-In Rear Sight for RMR

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Based on the excellent info provided by Ken and others in this thread, I have decided to try this set-up on the RMRcc I have on order. (It is supposed to be delivered today).

I ordered one of the DHPWS/PMM drop-in sights just a few minutes ago.

I had posted in another thread about my intention to send the slide from my CZ P10S and have it machined to accept the RMRcc in front of the CZ rear sight dovetail, and then install appropriate height BUIS.

But this gives me the opportunity to stop in and see Stuart at CZ Custom here in Mesa, AZ and discuss simply milling out the stock rear sight dovetail, directly (no plate) installing the RMRcc with the DHPWS/PMM unit attached, and replacing the front sight with one of appropriate height.

Once I have confirmed such an installation is possible, I will proceed. I look forward to hearing from Ken and any others that use this product on a Trijicon RMRcc.
    You will probably beat me to it - this is a fallback for me, I’m still trying to go no irons.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You will probably beat me to it - this is a fallback for me, I’m still trying to go no irons.
    I have recently been playing with a 407K on a G43 with BUIS and a CZ RAMI with a 507K X2 and no BUIS. Now i plan to try this setup if it proves to be feasible following my discussion with Stuart at CZC.

Red dot manufacturers and machine shops need to stop announcing new products and upgrading existing ones long enough for me to catch up, or I need to spend less time reading P-F!

Site Supporter
    Anyone found an alternative to the POS spacer PMM uses on the screws for the IDRS? One of mine fell apart and CHPWS doesn't have spares. Before I call up PMM to see if they will send some I'm hoping to find a solution that is more robust.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Anyone found an alternative to the POS spacer PMM uses on the screws for the IDRS? One of mine fell apart and CHPWS doesn't have spares. Before I call up PMM to see if they will send some I'm hoping to find a solution that is more robust.
    Mine isn’t in front of me - isn’t it just synthetic tubing?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Mine isn’t in front of me - isn’t it just synthetic tubing?
    Yes, but on one of mine when I screwed it together it split and unraveled around the screw.

PMM is good, and responsive - I’d just reach out to them.
    Ken

I have one of these sights and do not have any instructions.

How are you guys installing these on an RMRcc?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I have one of these sights and do not have any instructions.

How are you guys installing these on an RMRcc?
    I never updated this thread with my outcome, I did elsewhere. I ended up mounting these on two RMRccs and one RMR, the RMRccs on a 26.5 and a 43 and the RMR on. 27.5. They just drop right on, stick it in the sight and tighten down the screws. I used Dawson .300 x .125 plain fronts.
    Ken

I never updated this thread with my outcome, I did elsewhere. I ended up mounting these on two RMRccs and one RMR, the RMRccs on a 26.5 and a 43 and the RMR on. 27.5. They just drop right on, stick it in the sight and tighten down the screws. I used Dawson .300 x .125 plain fronts.
    Are you tightening them until the screws bottom out or just until the rubber piece expands enough to hold it in place?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Are you tightening them until the screws bottom out or just until the rubber piece expands enough to hold it in place?
    Just until the rubber expands firmly.
    Ken

User Tag List