Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New: DHPWS / PMM Independent Drop-In Rear Sight for RMR

Hi Risk Customer Services

New: CHPWS / PMM Independent Drop-In Rear Sight for RMR

Just received the email from CHPWS regarding a new product. The PMM Independent Drop-In Rear sight for Trijicon RMR.

Name:  PMM-IDRS-1.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  19.1 KB

Name:  PMM-IDRS-2.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  38.3 KB

An excellent concept that integrates the rear BUIS into the housing of the RMR. Unsure if compatible with RMRCC. It also does not list technical specs such as dimensions or required front sight heights. I really like the idea. Especially for a slide that is being directly milled. Eliminates the need completely for a rear BUIS dovetail and would allow the sight to sit as far back as possible. If compatible with the RMRCC, I may be purchasing this combo and having a Glock 48 slide set up with it.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Bravo; 09-21-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Just received the email from CHPWS regarding a new product. The PMM Independent Drop-In Rear sight for Trijicon RMR.

Name:  PMM-IDRS-1.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  19.1 KB

Name:  PMM-IDRS-2.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  38.3 KB

An excellent concept that integrates the rear BUIS into the housing of the RMR. Unsure if compatible with RMRCC. It also does not list technical specs such as dimensions or required front sight heights. I really like the idea. Especially for a slide that is being directly milled. Eliminates the need completely for a rear BUIS dovetail and would allow the sight to sit as far back as possible. If compatible with the RMRCC, I may be purchasing this combo and having a Glock 48 slide set up with it.
    PMM has had that for awhile, but they were declining to sell them independently of their milling jobs. I was really surprised to see CHPWS offering the RMR version today, so I reached out today to see if PMM was selling the RMRcc version as a part. They still won’t do it, and it looks like CHPWS is only selling the RMR version.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    PMM has had that for awhile, but they were declining to sell them independently of their milling jobs. I was really surprised to see CHPWS offering the RMR version today, so I reached out today to see if PMM was selling the RMRcc version as a part. They still won’t do it, and it looks like CHPWS is only selling the RMR version.
    I just used the CHPWS live customer service chat to ask about this. According to the rep I messaged with, this sight IS compatible with the RMRcc.

I just used the CHPWS live customer service chat to ask about this. According to the rep I messaged with, this sight IS compatible with the RMRcc.
    I wish PMM would have told me that when I asked earlier today. Thank you!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    I wish PMM would have told me that when I asked earlier today. Thank you!
    Please let us know if you order one and it works. RMRcc with this rear sight seems like a great option for a P365/G43X/G48.

I just called them to ask about the back orders, and the guy I talked to said it was for the RMR only - but he didn’t sound particularly sure. If you ordered one, please report back!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Please let us know if you order one and it works. RMRcc with this rear sight seems like a great option for a P365/G43X/G48.
    I just called them to ask about the back orders, and the guy I talked to said it was for the RMR only - but he didn’t sound particularly sure. If you ordered one, please report back!
    I did not order one yet. I wasn't entirely convinced about compatibility yet. Given the responses of you guys, I'm glad I didn't order one yet.

I wish PMM would sell these separately.
    Ken

Cool concept and product.

Regarding RMR vs. RMR cc, and this is pure speculation, because I don't own either, but it would appear that if the PMM drop in sight "body", threaded female vias, allowed for about 0.075" additional insertion distance (each), the PMM screws would fit flush into an 0.95" width RMR cc, as well as the 1.1" RMR. Otherwise, they'd be proud of the surface on the RMR cc by the same amount (0.75"). The openings the screws go into between the two sure looks almost identical.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  28.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Comparison pics showing height compared to the rears I’m using on my two dot equipped guns. Not sure what front height I’ll need when I eventually put this on a milled gun with no rear.

Name:  DE04B3BA-5AF7-448D-9A42-A39A1D316600.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  23.6 KB

Name:  BB1C7835-B0C9-4339-B0B5-77DC0CF40F8F.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  22.5 KB

Name:  140120D3-E3F9-4C1D-A9BF-A9958D651321.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  3A220F17-2B53-453D-B51A-2446F953AAE7.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  24.3 KB