Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New: DHPWS / PMM Independent Drop-In Rear Sight for RMR

Did anyone end up confirming whether or not this will fit the RMRcc?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Did anyone end up confirming whether or not this will fit the RMRcc?
    My guess is it will. When screwed all the way in, it is more narrow than the RMR body. I should have a RMRcc in the next couple weeks - can update for sure then if nobody else beats me to it.

Site Supporter
    @RancidSumo I wonder if this would act somewhat like a “sunshade” for the rear emitter since it overhangs it some and help reduce the double dot situation at low sun angles. Have you had a chance to test for that?

@GJM @JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @RancidSumo I wonder if this would act somewhat like a “sunshade” for the rear emitter since it overhangs it some and help reduce the double dot situation at low sun angles. Have you had a chance to test for that?

@GJM @JCN
    Holy shit man thanks, I hadn’t seen this before. What a great product. I ordered three for various RMR guns I have.

Good thought on the sun shade. My polarized filters came the other day and I might try experimenting with placement and overhang to try and get a better sense of where the reflection is coming from (lens or emitter).

I’m very interested in whether this works with a RMRcc - my experiment using a RDS with no irons is coming along well, but this rear with a front might be my personal best compromise. I might try getting one anyways since my RMR is going on my 27.5 at some point so it will get used.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m very interested in whether this works with a RMRcc - my experiment using a RDS with no irons is coming along well, but this rear with a front might be my personal best compromise. I might try getting one anyways since my RMR is going on my 27.5 at some point so it will get used.
    I just measured the IDRS with both screws in all the way finger tight and got 0.94", so that seems to match the RMRcc numbers RJ posted on pg. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I just measured the IDRS with both screws in all the way finger tight and got 0.94", so that seems to match the RMRcc numbers RJ posted on pg. 1.
    My order went through, so hopefully I’ll know in a week or so. I was getting conflicting info from CWPHS and I think I reached out to PMM before, but I don’t recall their answer and can’t find an email chain.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Good news! The version sold by CHPWS *does* also fit the RMRcc:

Ken

The not so good news - if you have a RMR on a MOS pistol, the required front sight is gonna be really tall. I just plopped it on my 19.5 MOS that uses a CHWPS plate and currently has Ameriglo GL-429s, and the IRDS sits much higher than the current irons. It should be fine for direct milled - whenever my ACRO P-2 gets here it will go on this 19, and the RMR will get moved to my 27.5 after Battlewerx mills it like my others. Given that PMM likely created the IRDS for use with their own direct milling services, this is not an issue.

Name:  69A1A2F9-FD3C-4002-A191-6DF79BE3158B.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  78.6 KB
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The not so good news - if you have a RMR on a MOS pistol, the required front sight is gonna be really tall. I just plopped it on my 19.5 MOS that uses a CHWPS plate and currently has Ameriglo GL-429s, and the IRDS sits much higher than the current irons. It should be fine for direct milled - whenever my ACRO P-2 gets here it will go on this 19, and the RMR will get moved to my 27.5 after Battlewerx mills it like my others. Given that PMM likely created the IRDS for use with their own direct milling services, this is not an issue.

Name:  69A1A2F9-FD3C-4002-A191-6DF79BE3158B.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  78.6 KB
    Based on the excellent info provided by Ken and others in this thread, I have decided to try this set-up on the RMRcc I have on order. (It is supposed to be delivered today).

I ordered one of the DHPWS/PMM drop-in sights just a few minutes ago.

I had posted in another thread about my intention to send the slide from my CZ P10S and have it machined to accept the RMRcc in front of the CZ rear sight dovetail, and then install appropriate height BUIS.

But this gives me the opportunity to stop in and see Stuart at CZ Custom here in Mesa, AZ and discuss simply milling out the stock rear sight dovetail, directly (no plate) installing the RMRcc with the DHPWS/PMM unit attached, and replacing the front sight with one of appropriate height.

Once I have confirmed such an installation is possible, I will proceed. I look forward to hearing from Ken and any others that use this product on a Trijicon RMRcc.

User Tag List