Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acro mishap

Yikes. Not exactly confidence inspiring for a duty optic.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing @GJM

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I held the holster in my hand and gently inserted the 23/Acro to check fit and heard this terrible grinding noise.
    :doubt:

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing @GJM
    Agreed-and +1 on both GJM and Mr. Dobbs working this through.
    I’m an ACRO user/fan. A P-1 is on my carry 19, and I look forward to the P-2 just for the battery, if not other reported improvements.
    The fact that the sight is still functional is notable. I look forward to the “after damage” shooting report. I recall Cowan did not have any issues immediately, so this is valuable data. I may just strip a sight off as in an extreme situation-total sight failure-and see how the hits are.

There are/have been issues with any brand. This example brings to mind @Erick Gelhaus writing about alternatives to dot plus iron sight fail. An impact which say, knocks out dot and knocks off front sight=really bad day. But one could get “effective” hits with a silhouette aiming technique. Food for thought and practice…

And I also wonder if GJM shouldn’t wear a face shield for the shooting test.

Acro mishap

Do you typically use the holster for the 320 for your glocks?

My 6354 doesn’t have those points.

Does anyone else have pics of a 6390? Do they all have points on the plastic mechanism?

Edit: I did have to shave some plastic from this part as my g17 has the irons in back of the rmr, but I don’t think there were points to cut off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had been using this 320 holster with a Gen 5 23 with a 509T, and it seemed a great fit. Unfortunately, the Acro’s front lens protrudes further forward than the 509T, and that contacted the hard plastic piece which pushed through the Acro’s front lens.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Note to self: when I get my Acro, set it up with irons in front of the optic.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Note to self: when I get my Acro, set it up with irons in front of the optic.
    That is interesting, using the rear sight as a protector fir the front lens.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    that seems a little more sacrificial than desirable.
    Yeah, I'd like to hear Aimpoint's reasoning for making it that fragile. Assuming, of course, that @GJM was gentle, and gentlemanly with his insertion technique.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Is it possible that the crack was caused by a small particle on the latch, kind of like how a piece of spark plug insulator can shatter a car window?

User Tag List