Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: School me on an air compressor for the ol’ Toyota stable…

Just be sure you drain the tank after using and before storing. They will rust out if you dont and then its buy a new compressor.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Nothing using air.
    He meant if you run a DeWalt or Ryobi cordless system you can get an air compressor that runs off of the batteries. Which is easier than a big long cord and hot dog compressor.

I have a 1-gallon Ryobi. It will fill four tires in about 1/2 the time as it takes my 12v VIAIR to fill them. And the VIAIR is near the top of the line for non-dedicated 12vs.

But the Ryobi can't handle more than a couple of shots with an impact gun or more than about 10-seconds of continues compressed air blast without turning back on. And it's LOUD. I have mine in a plastic tub surrounded by a moving blanket and it's still annoying. And on an 8ah battery the tank will fill from empty to full about 6 times and the battery is dead.

Nothing using air.
    No drill or impact driver?!
    #RESIST

I had no idea this existed.

Though if you have a larger compressor, something like this always worked during my autocrossing days. Way better at MR2 and WRX tires than jeep tires, however. The capacity just isn't there.
    Last edited by randyho; 09-20-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Nothing using air.
    Okay, he's asking what batteries you are married to.

I'm a Makita and Bosch guy, so this was a no brainer as I already had batteries and chargers:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-1...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I bought a harbor freight pelican knock off to carry it in.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    No drill or impact driver?!
    I’ve got a decent cordless drill that I use all the time. No impact driver though.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I’ve got a decent cordless drill that I use all the time. No impact driver though.
    Brand? Voltage?

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Brand? Voltage?
    This. This is some important shit, here!
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    My local Ace Hardware stocks reman Porter-Cable 110V pancake compressors....something along the lines of 2 hp / 4 gal for around $79. Sometimes on sale for $69. They'll also run most air tools if you'll be patient and let them catch up from time to time. I've used something similar for nearly 20 years that I bought used from a pawn shop for $50. I remember to drain the tank every 5 years or so. Every house ought to have something like this at bare minimum...compressed air has a lot of uses.

I bought one of these earlier this year and really like it. The thing is seriously quiet, and seems very well-built.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-gall...sor-64596.html

User Tag List