Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kydex OWB Holster Color

Site Supporter

Kydex OWB Holster Color

I need to order another OWB holster. Leather color is no problem for me, it’s cordovan with maybe some contrasting trim. I’ve ordered non-black kydex IWB holsters to differentiate which go with which gun, but since the OWB is for concealment until I lose this chemo-induced extra weight and can fit both me and the gun in my pants, I want something that won’t stick out much in an unfortunate wind gust. I’m thinking brown but am open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I need to order another OWB holster. Leather color is no problem for me, it’s cordovan with maybe some contrasting trim. I’ve ordered non-black kydex IWB holsters to differentiate which go with which gun, but since the OWB is for concealment until I lose this chemo-induced extra weight and can fit both me and the gun in my pants, I want something that won’t stick out much in an unfortunate wind gust. I’m thinking brown but am open to suggestions.
    Do you have a standard belt color? If there’s strong contrast between the line of the belt and the holster I’d think it would make the holster more obvious. Also consider pants colors — are you more likely to wear blue/black/grey or browns/greens?

I would guess black. Most phone carriers are black and while it might not camouflage with your clothes, it wouldn’t stand out as far things around people’s belt lone goes.

Site Supporter
    I use grey or khaki as they match pants colors and don't scream gun to me. I think its more the contrast that draws peoples potential attention, so as already mentioned, somthing that goes with the color of your pants

I tend to use black, but way back in the dark 90s when I was carrying a 3913 NPE in a suit I changed over to the light grey grip module so it wouldn’t be as obvious against my dress shirt when I carried IWB. Having a tan holster when you wear khakis makes sense.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I ended up going with black again, though with a different texture. JMCK OWB 2 in “black raptor”.

I ended up going with black again, though with a different texture. JMCK OWB 2 in “black raptor”.
    Tangentially I just received my OWB2s for the 26.5 and 27.5 - very impressed. Just plain black, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Tangentially I just received my OWB2s for the 26.5 and 27.5 - very impressed. Just plain black, though.
    The new holster will be for my M&P45 Compact. I’ve got one for my full-size PX4s and like it. JMCK will form the guard so it forces the thumb safety on; I’ve got IWB 3s for both the full-size and compact M&P45s and my 5” Gubmint Model made that way.

The new holster will be for my M&P45 Compact. I’ve got one for my full-size PX4s and like it. JMCK will form the guard so it forces the thumb safety on; I’ve got IWB 3s for both the full-size and compact M&P45s and my 5” Gubmint Model made that way.
    That’s good to know - I haven’t been carrying my M&P45 Compact, it has a MS and that would be a useful feature. I really should have a concealable OWB for it.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 09-22-2021 at 06:10 AM.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s good to know - I haven’t been carrying my M&P45 Compact, it has a MS and that would be a useful feature. I really should have a concealable OWB for it.
    Just an FYI, if you want your safety "trapped", we can do it, however it is going to be an up-charge of $10 and you have to let me know by email after you order that you want that feature.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List